Scanning & loading Pics

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I'm sure I'm going to get some sarky comments here but I've just scanned some pics and they appeared really tiny in the posting. I've scanned some before and they're still small but not as small as the last ones. I've got an HP1215 scanner. I'm not sure what to do to alter the resolution. I usually just 'save as' and that's that. I'm sure I should be able to go into it somewhere and tell it to either save in a better quality or for quicker transmission.

Has anyone any useful tips for me. Don't please say 'look in the manual' as it doesn't tell me it just tells me to press the scan button!

BigonaBianchi

Yes I can, Yes I am, Yes I did...Repeat.
did you press the scan button?

rh100

Just spotted the pics you are referring to, it looks like the scanner software is scanning the whole A4 plate, so the photo appears at the top corner and the rest is just white, essentially a scan of the plate you put the photo on. Look for a setting along the lines of auto select area, or drag the outline to be scanned around the picture only, you may have an option to pre-scan to view and select the area to be saved.
Scanning software is normally quite good at picking what part to scan, so may be just a case of ticking the right option to auto select, or auto crop or something.

OP
OP
Campfire

Campfire

Über Member
Thanks rh100, a very constructive comment too. I've scanned by two ways, either clicking on the HP icon & selecting scan or just pressing scan (yes Bigona Bianci I did!)

Each time the scanning process looks different but I'm afraid my instruction books rubbish.

I will try that & maybe report back. Thanks again.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
This is just a hunch... if you're in windows, try doing it through "My Pictures", which gives you the option to "get image from camera or scanner". Once a preliminary scan is done, it shows up on screen, and underneath there's a little button which allows you to expand the image. That's how i do it, anyway. :smile:

soulful dog

Veteran
Usually there's an option to do a preview, pre-scan, preliminary scan or something, just look for another button apart from the scan button! That does a quick scan and shows you a preview which allows you to select what area you want to scan (it normally selects whatever you've put in the scanner automatically).

I don't think it really matters how you choose to do the scan, ie whether through My Pictures or choosing to import the image with a graphics programme, I think it's dependent on your scanner what information comes up and how many options there are, but I've never had a scanner that hasn't had some kind of preview.

Top Bottom