Schwalbe Blizzard tyres

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

longers

Legendary Member
While in my LBS earlier I was looking for a Ultragatorskin in 700 by 23 which they don't have at the moment.

They did offer me a pair of Schwalbe Blizzards at a much cheaper price than my original choice.

Anybody use/recommend/advise against them?

Gaters I think are a must a lot better then the blizzard.

stephec

Legendary Member
The blizzards feel dead, and aren't very cut resistant. The pair I had briefly were like that anyway.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Not ridden Blizzards, but did like the Stelvios (wire on) I rode when I first changed the tyres on the SCR2. Better than the 'gators in the wet too.

garrilla

I have them on my new Dawes Audax, they are supposed to have 'puncture protection'. Not much more than 20 miles travelled, pierced by a shard of stone, which was so brittle that it broke under the pressure my finger when I checked the internal wall !!!

Maybe I'm just a 1 in a million kind of guy ;)

Chris James

Über Member
I have them on my Dawes Audax too. Never had a puncture in about 3000 miles, seem to roll okay (I overtake some people freewheeling, although this may be down to pies eaten and beer drunk rather than the tyres). Reasonable performance in the wet, possibly a bit lifeless. I beieve there are also Blizard Sports which, I think, are worse than normal Blizzards.

When they finally die I will probably get Krylions though.

Top Bottom