Sciatica!!!!! give me back pain or Toothache any day

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gary r

Guru
Im in absolute agony !!!!! ive always had back problems, but after my last flare up about 6 weeks ago i got sciatica!! i cant even sit down on the loo!!! my foot is numb and im waiting for an emergency appointment (referral) it eases up during the day, but night time and first thing in the morning are the worst. My buttock, knee,shin, calf, ankle and foot are all affected>

Francesca

Im in absolute agony !!!!! ive always had back problems, but after my last flare up about 6 weeks ago i got sciatica!! i cant even sit down on the loo!!! my foot is numb and im waiting for an emergency appointment (referral) it eases up during the day, but night time and first thing in the morning are the worst. My buttock, knee,shin, calf, ankle and foot are all affected>
omg!so sorry to hear that!!hope you get appointment fast!!:sad:

I've got it too - but nothing like as bad as yours, and it does seem to be easing of its own accord. You have my utmost sympathy.

numbnuts

Legendary Member
I've had it now for the last 18 months, I had an MRI scan in May last year and showed a prolapsed disc and is sticking out by 10mm, had an epidural injection on January , but failed to give any relief from pain. I’m now waiting to see the consultant again, today I'm in a lot of pain even after taken 2 30/500 co-codamol.
Hope yours get better soon

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
Having had chronic cellulitis and just this week shingles, you have my sympathy. I think that I've got away with only 3 days of intense pain with the shingles and the worst is now over - hope I'm not tempting fate.

Hope the pain subsides rapidly.

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
My sympathies - I get it occasionally but not as bad as yours. Mine is like having what I can only describe as a toothache-like internal pain that goes from the small of my back all the way down my leg to my ankle.

OP
OP
G

gary r

Guru
The cure is to contract Gout.
You'll soon forget the Sciatica ....
ive heard thats pretty painful too,the most pain ive seen a man in was myFather in law when he had Kidney stones !!!

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Sounds like sales of Recumbents are about to increase ... :whistle:

Mind you - it's pretty extreme/nasty way of 'choosing' to go to the Dark Side ... :eek:

Hope everyone gets relief asap. :thumbsup:

Linford

Diazepan, Co dydromol.diclofenac (apologies for the spellings) nothing seems to help the pain

Sciatica is an aggravation of the nerve caused by it pinching on something. Anything you can use to help reduce inflamation should in time offer some sort of additional relief than just blocking the pain out.

Sciatica is an aggravation of the nerve caused by it pinching on something. Anything you can use to help reduce inflamation should in time offer some sort of additional relief than just blocking the pain out.

I find exercise helps - just basic walking. The good part is that I have a totally precise knowledge of exactly where the sciatic nerve runs.

col

Legendary Member
My wife had it recently, it was caused by a disk bulging out and agrivating the nerves. Luckily it went after a couple of weeks. A friend has had the nerves burned or singed as theyve had it for a year, it didnt work.

Top Bottom