Scott Adams is an Utter Bellend

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
I suspect Scott Adams was always this way, he just never used to inflict his political opinion on everyone.
Quite a lot of people in the public sphere used to keep their politics on the downlow because they feared opprobrium, but with the political climate the way it is now, these people are emboldened, and now alienating people who disagree with them is less "oh no, my audience!" and more "cry harder liberal"
1607976324883.png

Edwardoka

Prolix Maximus
I'm not quite sure what you're getting at. I was merely stating that opinions that would previously be privately held are now being mainstreamed.
People in the public sphere are of course entitled to their opinions, but it's not unreasonable to expect stiff resistance when one uses their influence to push their public opinions for often malign reasons.

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
I'm not quite sure what you're getting at. I was merely stating that opinions that would previously be privately held are now being mainstreamed.
People in the public sphere are of course entitled to their opinions, but it's not unreasonable to expect stiff resistance when one uses their influence to push their public opinions for often malign reasons.
I wasn't disagreeing with you. It's been going on for decades though, celebrity nonentities getting column inches to spout their ill-informed rubbish. What's different here is it's right wing obnoxious views being pushed.

matticus

Über Member
... he just never used to inflict his political opinion on everyone.
Let's not get this out of proportion; all he's done is post on Twitter. Most of the population aren't even on there.

You can subscribe to his cartoons without ever seeing his tweets, take 'em or leave 'em.

Edwardoka

Prolix Maximus
Let's not get this out of proportion; all he's done is post on Twitter. Most of the population aren't even on there.

You can subscribe to his cartoons without ever seeing his tweets, take 'em or leave 'em.
Be that as it may, the stuff he's posting on the twitters is indicative of a mind seriously out of touch with reality. I genuinely think he may have some form of brain parasite - he's so far out of left field that even Mark McGwire would call shenanigans.

The office humour in his comics is so banal. "haha managers don't understand tech! some engineers are lazy! product owners are hyper-stressed!". Give me Calvin and Hobbes or give me death.

matticus

Über Member
The office humour in his comics is so banal. "haha managers don't understand tech! some engineers are lazy! product owners are hyper-stressed!". Give me Calvin and Hobbes or give me death.
Here's another bit of free advice - you don't have to read his cartoons either!

Edwardoka

Prolix Maximus
Here's another bit of free advice - you don't have to read his cartoons either!
I don't. I haven't, for decades.

He has influence and he has an audience, both for his mediocre comic and his brainworm-induced twitter drivel.
This thread postulates his bellendery and I'm contributing to the warm, glowing, comforting aura of groupthink.

matticus

Über Member
He has influence and he has an audience, both for his mediocre comic and his brainworm-induced twitter drivel.
How has he used this influence on you? I presume not via his comic - as you don't read it (and I hadn't noticed any political statements therein, but then I'm quite naive).

Do you Follow him on twitter?

Edwardoka

Prolix Maximus
How has he used this influence on you? I presume not via his comic - as you don't read it (and I hadn't noticed any political statements therein, but then I'm quite naive).

Do you Follow him on twitter?
I used to read his comic in the early 2000s, but I used to read Garfield too, so on that basis I'd discard anything younger Ed had to say on most matters.

And no, I don't follow him, so he has no influence on me.
It is those who buy into the false reality he and his cohort are spinning that I am concerned about.

You don't need to follow someone on social media to recognise them for who they are, (or at least, the persona they are projecting)

winjim

✊🏻✊🏾 🌈 😷
I used to read his comic in the early 2000s, but I used to read Garfield too, so on that basis I'd discard anything younger Ed had to say on most matters.

And no, I don't follow him, so he has no influence on me.
It is those who buy into the false reality he and his cohort are spinning that I am concerned about.

You don't need to follow someone on social media to recognise them for who they are, (or at least, the persona they are projecting)
The finest comic strip of modern times is Garfield Minus Garfield.

Top Bottom