Scott CR1

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Joe

Über Member
It's a been a while (and lots of changes) since I last posted this so I thought a new thread is in order.

The wheels are new. They are 09 Record Hubs, Open Pros and DT Comp spokes. They're the second set of wheels I've built and they are super smooth and comfy and come in at about 1700g. Not light but an improvement over the Khamsins I was using!!

Bars are also new (just put them on today).

They are Pro Vibe 7S Round and I'm pretty sure I'm going to love them. I've not ridden them yet but they appear to have everything I want in a bar - shallow drop, short reach, flat transition to the hoods and a round bend without a nasty anatomic section or a weird egg shaped curve:biggrin:

Want some nicer bottle cages and I aim to switch cranks, mechs and brakes one day. Wouldn't say no to some bling wheels either;)

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Nice - bars in particular look excellent - like a round bend myself...

l4dva

Guru
Are they the specialized bottle cages? I got one of them a few weeks ago, and think they are rubbish! Very difficult to put the bottle in and out, not ideal when your on the move!

bonj2

l4dva said:
Are they the specialized bottle cages? I got one of them a few weeks ago, and think they are rubbish! Very difficult to put the bottle in and out, not ideal when your on the move!

i find that too with my spesh bottle cages.
not too bad in but have to yank it to get it out!
my topeak ones are a lot easier. but don't look as nice.

OP
OP
J

Joe

Über Member
l4dva said:
Yep, they are rubbish!

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
I like the Elite Ptao bottle cages, personally.

Not sure if they're bling enough for your CR1 though Joe ;-)

OP
OP
J

Joe

Über Member
I'm not after particularly bling bottle cages (theres a hell of stuff higher up the list than a couple of £100 Record cages:biggrin:).
I was thinking of some black Tacx Tao's, as they are cheap and look decent enough. Anyone used them? Elite Patao's might be worth a look too.

ruffhams

Jo, I was just wondering if you were or are thinking of selling your Scott CR1 team as my wife has one and I am trying desperatley to find one for myself - Regards Grahame

AlanW

Guru
I love my CR1 Pro, I've changed the bars, stem and seat post for Carbon Ritchey ones, also replaced the OE wheels for the Kysrium SL's, and finally a SLR saddle, it is so light now...:biggrin:

scottcr1promarch2009001.jpg

Top Bottom