Scottish national anthem

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

killiekosmos

Veteran
Flower of Scotland is fine as long as it is sung at the correct pace and no bagpipes are used. It has become the 'people's choice' following years of crowds booing GSTQ at sporting venues or others trying to use Cliff Hanley's 'Scotland the Brave' which is a superb marching tune with crap words, which few know. Everyone sings Dadadadadaddaaada... to it.

Football crowds use Loch Lomond (Runrig version) and The Proclaimers' 500 miles to get the emotions going and then climax with that all time classic 'Doh a Deer..."

Tetedelacourse

killiekosmos said:
Flower of Scotland is fine as long as it is sung at the correct pace and no bagpipes are used. It has become the 'people's choice' following years of crowds booing GSTQ at sporting venues or others trying to use Cliff Hanley's 'Scotland the Brave' which is a superb marching tune with crap words, which few know. Everyone sings Dadadadadaddaaada... to it.

Football crowds use Loch Lomond (Runrig version) and The Proclaimers' 500 miles to get the emotions going and then climax with that all time classic 'Doh a Deer..."

Except a hardcore who prefer "here comes a highland granny..."

OP
OP
M

magnatom

Cunobelin said:
RUNRIG!

Their version (Live) of Loch Lomond is breathtaking and shows that it is already a crowd pleaser in Scotland

MAny of their songs celebrate Scotland, but the one that really moves me is "Hearts of Olden Glory"

One of the most

Ah, your not wrong there!! I'd forgot about that song, a classic. I'm going to have to get my Run Rig live album out again. My wife,who I mentioned is English is going to love this.......xx(

OP
OP
M

magnatom

Cunobelin said:
RUNRIG!

Their version (Live) of Loch Lomond is breathtaking and shows that it is already a crowd pleaser in Scotland

One of the most

I've just had a look at the youtube video and I noticed that it was in the Barrowlands. That for me is one of the great venues. I had many a great night there when I was younger. Ah the memories.....xx(:biggrin:

Tetedelacourse

magnatom said:
I've just had a look at the youtube video and I noticed that it was in the Barrowlands. That for me is one of the great venues. I had many a great night there when I was younger. Ah the memories.....xx(:biggrin:

Agreed. They were trying to close it down a few years back. Do you know if it's still on the go? I always thought it looked dead odd when the lights went up at the end.

Tetedelacourse

Funnily enough that was my last visit there! The Proclaimers about 2 years ago I think. Not that I'm a stereotypical Scot. I don't have ginger hair for starters.

OP
OP
M

magnatom

I'm not stereotypical either, however, I can see the appeal of singing out very loud

'an I wood walk five thous'und miles and I wood walk five thous'und morrre.....'

with another 3000 sweaty bodies..

xx(

Tetedelacourse

magnatom said:
I'm not stereotypical either, however, I can see the appeal of singing out very loud

'an I wood walk five thous'und miles and I wood walk five thous'und morrre.....'

with another 3000 sweaty bodies..

xx(

lol, you're definitely not stereotypical - most sing five hundred miles;)

OP
OP
M

magnatom

Tetedelacourse said:
lol, you're definitely not stereotypical - most sing five hundred miles;)

Oops! Child number 2 kept us up until 4am last night so I am a little sleep deprived xx(

Top Bottom