Scottish Wildcats

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
i've yet to see one in the wild and would love to. It would be great to get a picture of one without bars or glass in the way, just to see it going about its business.... that doesn't mean i haven't taken a shot of one though...

wildcat

Maz

Guru
Post us some of your wildcat pictures, laurence, please.

longers

Legendary Member
Nice one Laurence!

It sounds like they've got a full-time job looking out for them and stopping them interbreeding with themselves or moggies.

i've yet to see one in the wild and would love to. It would be great to get a picture of one without bars or glass in the way, just to see it going about its business.... that doesn't mean i haven't taken a shot of one though...

wildcat

I used to go out with one called Morag... and I'm not publishing the pictures!

Superb, Laurence, very much a wild cat even if to my inexpert eye it looks remarkably cool and unbothered! :eek: I don't have much expectation of seeing one in the wild, even if I were to spend the rest of my life in Scotland! More likely I'd end up with a poor old domestic tabby gone feral. :blush:

Do you do macro?

edwardd67

Used to work at Faslane and travelled the A82 Loch Lommond road to work.
My mate was driving and being a cat lover he noticed a cat that had been hit by a car lying in the road.
He stopped the car got out and lifted the cat and put it in the boot of the car and we drove to the nearest house to find out if the injured cat belonged to them?
The first house was in fact a farm!
We were met by the farmer and we asked him if he'd lost a cat ?
We oppened the boot to show him the cat , it was then he informed us that the cat we had in the boot was a WILDCAT!!!

The cat jumped from the car and bolted---- but it had used my mates boot as a litter tray and boy did it stink!!

Class picture Laurence, published eh, not bad. He looks more livid than wild though ;)

(s)he was relaxing in the sun, there was another nearby that was keeping a close eye on me, despite the bars and glass - that one was very fierce, but in too much shade. that shot was at quite a slow shutter speed, but i wedged the lens against the glass and held my breath to try and avoid shake, the inbuilt shake reduction helped - hoorah for pentax.

Superb, Laurence, very much a wild cat even if to my inexpert eye it looks remarkably cool and unbothered! :eek: I don't have much expectation of seeing one in the wild, even if I were to spend the rest of my life in Scotland! More likely I'd end up with a poor old domestic tabby gone feral. :blush:

Do you do macro?

i do do macro on occasions... i've taken macro shots of common lizards and dragon/damsel/hoverflies - as well as plants. i got the Tamron 90mm macro lens a few months back (which is a must have for anyone) and when that fails to get me close enough i use extension tubes and a 50 or 28mm lens. i'm a sucker for getting as close as i can to something.

I have one of a rabbit, in full leap, outstretched and all feet in the air. Slap bang in the middle of the image, shame I was actually photographing a tree and its appearance was an accident

Top Bottom