Scrabble, Chess, Draughts, Dominoes or Go?

Scrabble, Chess, Draughts, Dominoes or Go

• Scrabble

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Chess

• Dominoes

• Draughts

• Go

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Melvil

I am all in a confusion what to get out from the attic when a board-playing friend comes round tonight. So which one?

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
You didn't have a choice for 'Adult Twister' :biggrin:

So I went for the next best thing, Chess. :blush:

domtyler

Über Member
Have you got two computers? If so, you can just install all five games on each computer and each plonk down in front of one for the night and play what each of you feels like.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
This is not an easy decision is it? and you haven't told us whether the board-playing friend is male or female? or their age?

I do not know many people who play chess, draughts or dominoes, but it could be a lot of fun teaching them to play chess or draughts. :blush:

Scrabble and Go are much more "strategic" and may involve more skills, might depend on whether you want to concentrate fully on the game or not. :biggrin:

I think I would get two down from the attic, or as many as you can carry in one go, and give them a choice.

OP
OP
M

Melvil

Aye, if I even knew what Cribbage was I'd give it a thought! :-)

And lest you think I'm some sort of gaming monk, the point will be more chat, tunes and quaffing more than gameage. Still, my mate (male) likes to pit his considerable wits against my inconsiderables.

So having said that, maybe Chess is out as there is not really any element of chance in it!

Melvil said:
Aye, if I even knew what Cribbage was I'd give it a thought! :-)

Voila!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cribbage

OP
OP
M

Melvil

Fascinating, yes I think I have played this before and thought of it like I do bananas - i.e. 'hey, I should eat/play more of this' but I never seem to get round to it.

Chromatic

Legendary Member
Dayvo said:
It wasn't on the list but how about cribbage?
Gives you an excuse to drink pints of mild, as well! :tongue:
Funny you should mention this. I went out for a drink with my mate last week and we played crib, and I had a pint of mild too.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
I would go for Scabble then. He can try and pit his wits, but there is luck involved with which letters you get, and if you want badinage, quaffing and music, that might distract him, and hinder his strategies.

Or you can take your time between words and play competitively. :tongue:

chess is brilliant, but it has to be scrabble, more broad appeal... and also a bit more luck involved, it can be really boring winning (or losing) chess all the time, as usually the better player wins lots...

Top Bottom