Screamer = Broken wing-mirror = face-kicking

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

garrilla

I was cycling along, 22mph, tucked in, dark, when some oiks came in too close, too fast and too leary and screamed out of the car. Naturally it made me jump. The jump made me wobble. The wobble took me into the kerb.

You can imagine my anger.

So I dropped a couple of gears put my back into it and caught up with them. They weren't prepared to engage in a disucssion with me. So I smashed the wing-mirror off. Cycle rage!!!

I sped off but they pursed me and caught me. The three ***** jumped out of the car and onto me. Gave me a bit of kicking. Swollen face, cut on the nose, black eyes and few bruses on the rest of the body.

F*ckers. I know I shouldn't have damaged the car, but sometime these people make me so angry. This time the red mist was stronger than anything else.

No moral to this story, just another tale the from the cycling gutter.

Hope you're all well :evil:

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
Ouch sounds bad, at least your okish.

Happiness Stan

Sorry to hear your story. I'm sure in hindsight you'd have done things differently, but having sinned myself, I can't really throw stones.

Just be careful, there are some mad bastards out there and it could have been worse.

I always try to think of what Richie Pryor said: "Your pride will heal a lot faster than a broken jaw"

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
Kin Ell !!! hope you are ok.It is so tempting to do what you did but it's just not worth it especially with so many nutters out there.Deep breath and hope they end up in a ditch one day...on their roof...not wearing seat belts...ect,ect

tightwad

Good man, but next time don't expect 3 scrotes to take you damaging their car without them having a go back. Take evasive action rather than continuing in the same direction, on the pavement, turn round, footpaths etc. If the escape routes aren't there don't dish it out when outnumbered.

OP
OP
garrilla

garrilla

mr_cellophane said:
Moral
Never engage with a motorist unless you have a narrow/one-way escape route. :evil:

I did, But some fecker pulled in to it and a last minute detour was ineveitable - the only problem it was up hill and away from the public gaze !!! DOH!

bad boy

Über Member
Blimey garilla thats one hell of a commute :evil:.

I hope your ok mate, I have had similar red mist moments I just try and chill now to be honest.

Might wanna think about altering your journey for a few weeks or something, wouldn't want them coming back asking for recompense or something worse.

No one deserves GBH over a wing mirror; the violent ****'s will live by the fist and die by the fist!

Hope you injuries heal quick.

I once chased after some local tossers in similar incident; but it took me so long to catch them I had calmed down by the time I caught up! so just made a mental note:evil:

Don't forget those car stickers of the 80s that thankfully seem to be seen rarer these days

"Toucha my Car, I Smasha your Face"

The stickers seem to have disappeared but the attitude remains for many.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Ouch !! hope your ok soon.

It maybe hard as you did damage their vehicle but did you get reg etc ? you may face charges for damaging their vehicle but i think assault will outweigh any charges you may face.

XmisterIS

Purveyor of fine nonsense
Moral - Don't rise to it!

When I get the chavs shouting at me as they go past, I ignore it.

Why?

Because I know they're going home to their council estate bedsit, whereas I'm going home to a spacious, comfortable, well furnished and pleasantly located three-bed detatched house which I have all to myself, or just my girlfriend and I.

Snobbish?

Yep, and I don't care.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
XmisterIS said:
Moral - Don't rise to it!

When I get the chavs shouting at me as they go past, I ignore it.

Why?

Because I know they're going home to their council estate bedsit, whereas I'm going home to a spacious, comfortable, well furnished and pleasantly located three-bed detatched house which I have all to myself, or just my girlfriend and I.

Snobbish?

Yep, and I don't care.
Sorry thing is due to the economy i am having to sell said cushy house and at this rate will be on the list for said bedsit thanks for the reminder :ohmy: