Second only to

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by Keith Oates, 13 Mar 2008.

1. Keith Oates

Keith Oates Janner

chocolate, Starbucks Caramel Muffins. Just had one on the way home from work they are delicious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. rich p

rich p ridiculous old lush

Starbucks are horrible places full of yankee crap and substandard coffee IMHO:evil:

3. Milo

Milo Veteran

yuck coffee just dont get it tbh can you get tea there?

4. Yes they do tea and it's cheaper than their coffee :biggrin:.

Also the only place in the world where I’ve never had any trouble connecting to their wireless broad band.

5. Joe24

Joe24 More serious cyclist than Bonj

Well no, you dont get coffee, you get some oer thing with a long name and high price.

6. Never been in one in Scotland, I don't really like coffee and I don't like paying over the odds for tea either.

7. Joe24

Subway is the same. My parents went in and had to go through about 10 options to get a tuna cob.

8. Joe24

Subway is difficult.
    What do you want in the cob?
    What else would you like in the cob?
    Hot or cold?
    How big?
    What cob do you want it on?
    What type of cob do you want it on?

They are nice though.

9. dessertwarrior

dessertwarrior New Member

Big difference when you go to Subway in the States - if you know what you want, the staff are straight on it & you don't have to go through 20 questions just to buy a sandwich.

It becomes a game to see if you can order something in a cafe/restaurant without being asked any questions by the server.

10. Dave5N

Dave5N Über Member

Subway's rubbish. The food tastes of added chemicals.

11. stevenb

stevenb New Member

Starbucks is one place I try to avoid....my friend likes it. I find their chocolate drinks sickly...so as punishment for dragging me there he has to pay for anything...:idea:

12. OP
    OP
    Keith Oates

Keith Oates Janner

Is it just possible that the same thing applies to Starbucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

13. rich p

rich p ridiculous old lush

Not really Keith as their coffee is still sh*t!!!!!!!

14. OP
    OP
    Keith Oates

Keith Oates Janner

Everyone is entitled to an opinion rich p, but the way the shops are popping up everywhere it seems that some people must like them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ps Personally I prefer a cup of tea, that's why I buy the Muffin and take it home to have with a cup of tea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

15. yello

yello Guru

Starbucks coffee isn't, it's coffee flavoured warm milk.

I do like Subway however. It was never an everyday option for me but a safe fallback where I knew I could get a sandwich I'd like.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice