Secret Santa

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mumbo jumbo

Needless to say, everyone at work knows I cycle. So it's no surprise that Secret Santa has brought me some "thoughtful" (but frankly crap) cycling related gifts down the years. Last year SS brought me a pu#c%*$e repair kit. The year before that it was a cheapo LED front light. I got some cycle clips once too

This year I got a book. I didn't recognise it but checked the blurb on the back. The main character is "forty-three years old, weighs too much and keeps himself numb with food and alcohol". Sounds a lot like me - very funny :smile:

But read on and after some family tragedies "...drunk and bereft, he takes his old Raleigh bicycle and starts cycling. Once he starts, he finds he can't stop . . . "

I'm quite looking forward to it now (it's called "The Memory of Running" by Ron McLarty if you're interested).

Has Secret Santa been good to you?

mj

domd1979

Veteran
Yep - I got a nice die-cast model of a VW splitty :smile:

mumbo jumbo said:

mj

snakehips

mumbo jumbo said:
Very good indeed , he has stayed well clear of me so far.
CCake.jpg

Melvil

My secret santa was a vibrating massage device with a purple head and glowing blue vibro-nobs.

I was a little shocked!

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
I got front and rear lights by Electron - a brand I'd never heard of. They look pretty decent. The front light is small and powerful and the rear light is ideal for commuting at night - one of those shock and awe jobs.

Gratifying to see my secret santa present go down well - a 1943 edition of Raphael prints picked up in a second bookshop in Suffolk for a tenner.

I said I'd put the fiver in the charity collection on Friday instead.

Whilst everyone said it was a good idea, nobody else did it and now nobody is talking to me. Again.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
cheadle hulme said:
I said I'd put the fiver in the charity collection on Friday instead.

Whilst everyone said it was a good idea, nobody else did it and now nobody is talking to me. Again.

You are simoncc and I claim my five pounds (for charitable purposes, of course)

Cheddar George

oober member
Not a bad book in my opinion, it got a bit obvious towards the end, but held my attention throughout.

Apparently my youngest informs me that the dogs been sick in the kitchen, so that the end of my book review.

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
unfortunately i am, a four-way one (with three women) which, by virtue of how we picked the names from the hat, is about as secret as a daily mail headline. so i've got to find something for the pregnant one (am trusting the wife with the purchase), and as it is for her to get me something, i hope it's bike related.

there's a "no booze or food" rule, so that could sway it cycling's way :ohmy:

No secret Santa at our office as the boss thinks we may end up smiling, oh, and we can go home for half an hour on Christmas day for lunch with our familys provided we bring a lump of coal back to put on the office fire, the candles dont seem to warm the place up so much.

Top Bottom