Seen a physio about my knee

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Janeyb

And it's fine! Thought it sounded distinctly like ITB which is probably contributing but - and this is the embarassing bit - my quadricep and another muscle I can't remember the name of is actually really tight which is causing biomechanical problems and causing my patella to track in a strange way. However, lots of exercises and it will be fine soon enough. Can continue cycling but she said stick to a maximum of about 20 miles at a time for the moment! Chuffed though.....nothing too bad.

Oh....and went out for a wee spin on the new Giant roadie last night. Only a 10 miler but wow....... flies along and it's great. My MTB (Phyllis) is going to be decidedly dejected at this rate!

Cathryn

Legendary Member
Glad it's not ITB...I think (although am not sure) the iliotibial band can be due to muscle tightness, i think it's quite common...don't worry.
Glad the bike is good as well!!

Shaun

Founder
Teach me to speed-read - I thought you were seeing a physco about your knee! ;) :o)

Moonlight

With my old doctor, I really was seeing a physco about my knee...I think he's safely retired now though...

doyler78

I have really, really tight muscles and went to physio to stretch all out which actually left me unable to ride for a month. My physio just couldn't come up with a set of stretches that didn't cause worse problems than she was trying to sort so she gave up after 4 months and I was pretty happy she did because I just wanted to ride and this was making it impossible to do. So good luck.

Her rather lame sounding excuse was that sometimes some people just have very tight muscles for a reason and that trying to sort it can actually bring more serious problems to the surface ie I have adapted to compensate for underlying problems. Sounds like a bit of a cop out to me however I really don't want to go to anyone else now as I don't want to end with them injuring me again :biggrin:

Top Bottom