Selle An-Atomica: most comfortable saddle ever?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Danny

Legendary Member
Last year Blonde (who has since sadly gone missing from CC) recommended that I buy a Selle An-atomica as a way of preventing saddle sores*.

Selle An-atomica are leather saddles, with a large cutout, made by a small California based company called MCM.

MCM seems to be largely run by a guy called Tom Milton. While Tom was very prompt at responding to email queries, dealing with him was a bit of a challenge at first partly because he seemed to want an overly detailed description of the exact size and location of my saddle sores, and partly because of the slightly odd way in which he answered questions.

Having concluded that he was a bit of an eccentric, in the Sheldon Brown mould, earlier this year I plucked up the courage to order the Titanico leather saddle, which has a waterproof finish.

From Day One the saddle has been really comfortable and required none of the breaking in you need with a Brooks. Even better, after nine months of use I have not had a single saddle sore.

The saddle isn’t cheap $175 + $25 shipping to the UK, but I would strongly recommend it to anyone who suffers from saddle sores or just wants the ultimate in riding comfort.

* By saddle sores I mean small painful raised lumps which will only go away if you stop cycling for several weeks.

Top Bottom