Server offline

Shaun

Founder
<puts hand up>
My fault, sorry everyone ... :biggrin:
<puts hand down>

Pushed the wrong button in the control room ... ;)

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
*raps admins knuckles with ruler* ;)

OP
OP
Shaun

Shaun

Founder
There are still database issues, so it's going to be slow for a while yet unfortunately.

Cheers,
Shaun ;)

OP
OP
Shaun

Shaun

Founder
Unfortunately it's going to be slow all weekend as I haven't manage to sort the database problem, and will need to get the technical bods in on Monday to deal with it.

Hopefully we'll be back up to speed by early next week.

Sorry everyone. :biggrin:

Cheers,
Shaun

OP
OP
Shaun

Shaun

Founder
I think it's fixed. I got some support from vBulletin and having carried out the work (via my mobile phone) it seems to have reduced the server load.

I can't tell from my phone as the access is slow anyway - does it feel like it's back to normal?

Cheers,
Shaun :biggrin:

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Email notification gone down?

I have checked spam filters etc but i am no longer getting emails of any reply even though it is set to do so in settings

OP
OP
Shaun

Shaun

Founder
Unfortuantely the email system on the server is playing-up too.

An engineer will be looking at it on Monday.

Cheers,
Shaun ;)

Norm

After a few more hiccups and a day at Norm-pace, seems to be back up to Lance speed now. ;) Thanks, Admin.

OP
OP
Shaun

Shaun

Founder
Well the good news is - it's back up to normal lightning-fast speed; the bad news is - the internal email system is buggered!!!!

The email system was replaced on Friday but unfortunately doesn't seem to be behaving itself, so anyone who has email notifications enabled won't be getting them on the usual schedule.

I'll get the techies at the server centre to fix it on Monday.

Cheers,

OP
OP
Shaun

Shaun

Founder
Unfortunately there are still some issues with corruption of the main database.

If you get any error messages, please PM me with the details (you should be able to copy and paste the error message).

Cheers,

OP
OP
Shaun

Shaun

Founder
The email server is now fixed.

If you've recently joined or requested a password reminder and you haven't had an email response, email me directly and I'll look into it for you: webmaster @ cyclechat.net (without the spaces! :becool:)

Cheers,
Shaun :smile:

Top Bottom