Shanaze Reade

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
I think I saw her cycling into Manchester as I was on my way home last night.

Nodded, as I do to all cyclists, then saw the team kit, then thought "Hang on, where do I know her from...." then realised who she was once she'd whizzed past.

No reciprocal acknowledgement from her, although that's probably understandable.

Smeggers

Often see quite a few cyclists round here in Team GB kit.

Do they have a training centre in Alsager or something?

OP
OP
John the Monkey

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Smeggers said:
Often see quite a few cyclists round here in Team GB kit.

Do they have a training centre in Alsager or something?

Not sure - I know Shanaze herself is from Crewe though. Where I saw her was about 7 miles or so from Manchester town centre, so I'd assume she was headed for the velodrome.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Many of the team are studying at MMU's (Man Met Uni) Crewe/Alsager campuses..... I'm pretty sure she studies at MMU...

I see loads of them in Didsbury, going out from the Uni campus area into Cheshire as well.....

I've actually blitzed one of the girls on the road by accident last winter - saw a roadie in front (me on the MTB) - I am a roadie) and shot past a female GB rider...felt sorry for her as only realised it was a GB rider and female too late...they had probably had a killer session at the track..oops !

I didn't blank John...he's one of the keen cyclists in the Oxford Road Area - we had a good Uni Critical commute today......

Top Bottom