Price cut – Now £1750 Shand Skinnymalinky Road Bike (56cm) Mint, Manchester

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DTD

Veteran
Shand Skinnymalinky Medium (56cm) £2000

Hand built in Scotland, not from girders but Reynolds 853 and Columbus tubes. Mark 1 version (fillet braised rather than TIG-welded, with external cable runs).
Pigeon Blue, white band, black rings and ‘Shand’ name – all painted – no transfers, real cast headtube badge.

This was my dream bike build, but Ill health has meant I haven’t been able to ride it more than a few miles and unfortunately won’t be able to ride it in the future.
It is in absolute mint condition. Looks like a traditional racer, rides like a modern road bike. You can read a review at: https://www.thewashingmachinepost.net/shand/skinnymalinky/review.html

Components
Campagnolo Veloce silver groupset, triple chainset, Centaur skeleton brakes, Jagwire Racer brake and gear cable.

Hope road stem 110/5° (painted to match frame)

Soma Highway drop bars (painted to match frame)

Chris King headset, Thomson Elite Seat post

Brooks Team Pro Chrome leather Saddle (brown)

Brooks leather bar tape (Fizzik Bar gel).

Wheels (hand built by DCR in East Sussex)
H Plus Son Archetype 28-hole rims, White Industry T11 hubs (polished silver), Sapim Laser spokes, Crank Brothers QR skewers.

I’m in Withington, Manchester – Buyer collects. Thanks.

Shand Skinnymalinky12.jpg

Shand Skinnymalinky15.jpg

Shand Skinnymalinky72.jpg

Shand Skinnymalinky20.jpg

Shand Skinnymalinky21.jpg

Shand Skinnymalinky25.jpg

skinny_med_dunnico.jpg

photo-10.jpg

Screen Shot 2014-11-27 at 19.11.42.png

Attachments

• photo-10.jpg
    photo-10.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 6

T4tomo

Guru
That's a lovely bike and very sad you haven't been able to fully appreciate it.

I had a drool around the Shand stand at a cycle show, the quality of their finish is amazing.

Hope it goes to a good home

OP
OP
DTD

DTD

Veteran
That's a lovely bike and very sad you haven't been able to fully appreciate it.

I had a drool around the Shand stand at a cycle show, the quality of their finish is amazing.

Hope it goes to a good home

You're right about the standard of their finishes. It's been in my study where I've been looking at it, putting off selling it for a couple of years – But it really is a bike that should be rode.

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
You're right about the standard of their finishes. It's been in my study where I've been looking at it, putting off selling it for a couple of years – But it really is a bike that should be rode.

As it happens it's my size, I love the aesthetic, and I'm just about to get a Tax refund of just a fraction under £2K :laugh:

But I still daren't 😠

OP
OP
DTD

DTD

Veteran
Stop it now. :laugh:

It looks a bit like Rob's bike in it's all about the bike - at least in my memory, anyway.

Well, if it's a deal breaker I can throw in a copy to refresh your memory… ;-)
When I was going round bike shows looking for someone to build me a bike I did see Rob Penn give a talk – I'm not sure if that's why I went for a Brook's saddle and bar tape , butI later discovered my arse definitely prefers a Charge Spoon!

Rob Penn.jpg

Rob Penn Book.jpg

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
Yours is more elegant than his, genuinely so

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
That's beautiful.

Yes,...... and no. It's in the eye of the beholder etc. Not wanting to knock the OPs goals for this bike but, it is trying a bit too hard to achieve cool hipster status and those dead straight forks are going to be bloody harsh!

I prefer a bike that is more useable and less fashion statement :rolleyes:

winjim

Smash the cistern
Yes,...... and no. It's in the eye of the beholder etc. Not wanting to knock the OPs goals for this bike but, it is trying a bit too hard to achieve cool hipster status and those dead straight forks are going to be bloody harsh!

I prefer a bike that is more useable and less fashion statement :rolleyes:

At the end of the day it's gonna get knocked about, chipped, scratched, covered in muck and grease, and ridden out in the rain and thrown roughly in the shed with the kids' scooters. It is if I own it anyway, I hope it goes to someone who has the time and energy to look after it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom