Shimano Sora 7-speed shifters... serviceable?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Hi Knowledgeable folks
Does anyone know if Shimano 7-speed shifters (double, STI 3300) are serviceable? One of my shifters is kaputt (won't change down, and bike shop guy says nowt can be done :tongue: not serviceable), and apparently they only come in pairs... what with bar tape etc, it's a veritable arm and a leg :rolleyes:

Also, is it worth me keeping the one that wasn't bust (ie shifter for rear derailleur)?

One of those days... also car up the spout and dodgy boiler! Woe is me! :sad:

nope sorry your LBS is right

Christopher

Über Member
I'd keep the RHS shifter as you can just use a friction shifter for the LH... works best if you have a double (Pantani used to do this IIRC)

In any case you can still get 7 speed cassettes, I have an old bike that runs 7-speed RSX, it works great.

RedBike

As a rule they do only come in pairs. However, occasionally you do see individual shifters advertised.

You can get spares for Shimano levers. However, they're not only hard to get hold of they're very expensive too.

It's worth ringing a few shops and asking if they can order in the bit you need / they have any left levers for sale. They can only but say no.

I would put the individual lever on ebay (unless you fancy keeping it for spares). Someones bound to want the RH lever if the price is right.

PatrickPending

Legendary Member
mmmm hang on if the rear is ok then I believe any STI for the front should work assuming

a) you can get them singly (I'm sure CRC used to do them singly but try e-bay)

:angry: You don't mind a non- matching pair (ie if you got a 105 for the front for example)

ps

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=13639

you can pick up a LH front 2 speed for £39.99

Top Bottom