Shoes for wide feet?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PaulM

Guru
My usual footwear is Clarks width H, so really wide. Can anyone suggest any SPD cycle shoes that are notably wide. I am currently using Shimano MT40Ms that are about 2 sizes too long in order to get the width.

Specialized tend to be wider fitting that Shimano but, if you can, it is probably best to find somewhere near you that carries a few different brands and see which suits best.

Willo

I have the same problem and really struggled to find a cycling shoe that had a wide enough fit without being too long. I tried several makes and models including Shimano, Specialized, Mavic, and Bontrager - all too narrow. Ended up with a pair of Sidi shoes in the link below which were more expensive than I'd planned to pay but were much more comfortable and sorted the width issue for me. I also managed to get them for £105, but that offer seems to have gone now.

Others also recommended Lake shoes, but I couldn't find a shop that had a pair in my size to try

http://www.cyclesurgery.com/1027455/Sidi-Dominator-5.html

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
The last they make Shimano shoes with often doesn't suit a broad foot. Spesh, as others have said, are wider, size for size, than Shimano. I had a pair of Northwave's years ago and was not happy with the quality but that may have been a one off and I'm sure matters have improved.

I'm 'only' a Clarks E/F and spesh shoes a UK 1/2 size or so too small lengthwise fit me fine width wise.

Cubist

Still wavin'
Another for Northwave here, I have wide feet, and the Celsius fit nicely. My Specialized Tahos are nice and wide too. Different manufacturer have different ideas of sizes anyway. I can sometimes wear 45s but both pairs of cycling shoes are 46.

Top Bottom