shoes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ludwig

Hopeless romantic
I need to buy some new shoes and a pair of work boots. What is the best and worst pair of shoes you have ever bought? The thing about shoes is that you find a decent pair and when you go to buy another pair they have stopped making them. Also they don't seem to last as long these days. The pair I have now have split across the front of the foot along the sole part on both shoes and they have not had that much use. I shall brave the elements and go around those places that sell workwerar for farmers and outdoor types and see if there is something quite rugged and wont fall apart and at a reasonable price.

Peteaud

Veteran
I've got some dickies, that are great, although took a while to wear in.

Paul.G.

Just a bloke on a bike!
I have a pair of black Dr Martin shoes which I wear for work and even wear with my suit on the rare occasions I have to wear it for meetings etc. I can honestly say I have never had a pair of shoes last so long, had these for two years and appart from wear on the corner of the heel (I must walk funny) there still as good as new. Took a while to bed in and rubbed back of my heel for a while but one done they are simply the best and I will never buy anything else!

longers

Legendary Member
Worst pair of work boots were a pair that were shaped such as to wear through most of my decent walking socks at the heel before I realised it would be cheaper to replace the boots than all the socks I owned.

I'm with Paul G and like DM toe capped shoes now, the soles are very long lasting. The only problem is they're rubbish for growing geraniums in once they've been retired.

Top Bottom