Shopping in lycra?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
Mrs HJ is looking for a new kitchen and for that purpose wants us both to stop off at Ikea on the way home tomorrow (we both ride past on the way to and from work). Now normally I like to cycle in lycra gear, but I am not too sure about wandering about Ikea in it, any thoughts??

Abitrary

I carry a pair of nike football shorts in my jersey pocket in case I have to pop into the pub whilst out on a ride.

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
if you do it, for pete's sake take the helmet off though. i always think people wandering around sainsburys with their bike helmets on look like they're all on some sort of day release scheme.

walking around in look cleats isn't that good a look either.

Mr Pig

I want a pair of baggy shorts with the nappy in. Fat people look so idiotic in Lycra...more idiotic than usual.

For kitchens my tip is MFI. I think much of IKEA's stuff is overpriced for the relatively poor quality that it is. It's very mixed, there are some great items in IKEA but much of the furniture is pretty weak under the skin. Style over substance.

MFI have been quietly working on their quality for years. Things that would break years ago don't break any more. The instructions are good, all the bits fit and they're easy to install. One negative is that they no longer hold stock in the shops so if you need extra/replacement bits during the install it takes longer to get them. Over all though much better than IKEA.

Abitrary

Rhythm Thief said:
Do it. Who cares what anyone else thinks?

No. He might get rummaged in the bed section by someone swedish yob staff and they'll just say he was asking for it.

I never had you down as a shrinking violet Abs.;):eek:

shimano

nobody in IKEA Edinburgh will pay you the slightest bit of attention they'll all be trying to find their way to the section they really want to be in - a maze maker could learn loads from an IKEA store designer...

Top Bottom