Shortly leaving to travel North Sea Cycle route from Rotterdam to Farsund, Norway

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Amanda P

Legendary Member
Just thought we'd let you all know we're off next weekend.

The plan is to cycle down to Hull, get the overnight ferry to Rotterdam, then follow the North Sea Cycle route northwards through the Netherlands, Germany and Denmark. From the northern tip of Denmark, we'll catch a ferry to Kristiansand (cutting off a bit of the NSCW), and then go on to Farsund for a job.

We'll then fly back from Stavanger when it's all over.

Owing to my shoulder not being 100% reliable, this will be our first recumbent tour.

We did a trial pack and short test ride today - excitement mounts!

DSC_0050.jpg

DSC_0049.jpg

Anyone else on here going to be joining us?

Good luck and have fun!

But stay away from Oslo, it´s wet with a capital ´F´!

snorri

Legendary Member
Good Luck on your trip Uncle Phil, have fun.:laugh:
Just been looking at my diary entry from my cycletour when I spent a night in Farsund. It's a nice place in the sunshine:becool::laugh:

OP
OP
Amanda P

Amanda P

Legendary Member
We're heading north-ish and east-ish, so hopefully not too much of the wind will be in our faces... And hopefully our 'bents will keep us low down and out of the worst of it...

No, don't tell me I'm deluding myself. I don't want to know.

Haitch

Flim Flormally
We did the NSCR (Frederikshaven to Dutch border) this summer. We had 1,600 km of head wind. Uncle Phil should have it behind him for most of the way. It's a very good route, especially in Denmark.

OP
OP
Amanda P

Amanda P

Legendary Member
Alan H said:
We had 1,600 km of head wind. Uncle Phil should have it behind him for most of the way.

Must remember to pack the sails...

Andy in Sig

Vice President in Exile
Phil,

are you in the frame for zillions in compensation after getting flattened? The thought occurred to me the other day when I saw a couple on one of those Hase Pino tandems that you said you liked but couldn't afford. In fact if you do really well you could get two!

But then again, that might defeat the point ...

OP
OP
Amanda P

Amanda P

Legendary Member
Andy in Sig said:
Phil,

are you in the frame for zillions in compensation after getting flattened? The thought occurred to me the other day when I saw a couple on one of those Hase Pino tandems that you said you liked but couldn't afford. In fact if you do really well you could get two!

But then again, that might defeat the point ...

I still don't know what happened; I can't remember. I still have to give my official statement to the police. The officer who's going to take the statement has been either busy or on holiday until about now, and until I've given the statement, the police won't tell me what happened. They don't want the information they give me to influence the statement.

In any event, the statement will basically say that I can remember approaching the junction, but nothing else until I found myself in an ambulance wondering what the hell was going on.

I'd like to know what happened, because I'll admit that the thought of compensation has crossed my mind. And Mrs Uncle Phil has not totally ruled out the prospect of acquiring another bike - she likes the idea of a Pino too. But not two Pinos.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Well, it sounds like a lovely trip - I'd have come along if I had the money!

Have a great time. :biggrin: And tell us all about it when you get back.

ebygomm

Have you got a link to a trip report?

Did the Danish section of the North Sea Cycle Route earlier this month and would like to do the Norwegian section next year.

OP
OP
Amanda P

Amanda P

Legendary Member
I will post a link to it when we've written it. I've got the notes and the photos now, so it might even be sometime this week.

We didn't actually use much of the NSCR apart from in the Netherlands because of time constraints. I don't think we touched it in Denmark at all.

What I can report is that where Denmark is __________________,
Norway is ^^^^^^^^^^_________________^^^^^^. Norway is awfully pretty though, and probably worth the effort. Just make sure you've got some low gears. No, probably lower than that. And make sure you're wealthy before you set out, because you won't be when you get back from Norway!

Top Bottom