Should I become a teacher?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cathryn

Legendary Member
Just thinking about various career options available to me and becoming a teacher (french & italian) is growing in attractiveness. I'm idealiastic enough to want to do a job that's worth some value. I would love to use my languages on a day to day basis and I rather like the idea of having all summer off to hit Europe with Liesl!!

Any thoughts?

Young Un

depends at what level you would like to teach at - i owuld recomend teaching at a level where the students have chosen the subject and therefore have some interest in learing it.

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
Young Un said:
depends what type of school you want to teach out - like at a grammar school like mine or a private school i probs wouldnt mind but i know some kids at normal schools are right twats that are only at school cus they have to be

You cheeky little c..........

Joe24

Young Un said:
and anyway you have chosen to go to sixth form so you are not in that catagory

Hmmm dunno about chosen.
"Mum i dont want to go to 6th form, i want to spend my time sitting at home cycling"
"Dont even think about it, your going, your going to get a good jib"
:evil:

Joe24

Cathryn said:
ANYWAY...back to whether or not I should become a teacher :evil:

If your going to be a teacher at a normal school, go for the younger ages. Do not go for secondary at all. It is the worst.
Dont be a supply teacher.
If your going to be a teacher, be a nice teacher, a cool teacher, that doesnt give out homework except for to cycle. If you will be that, then come to my school and teach me:biggrin:

OP
OP
Cathryn

Cathryn

Legendary Member
Dayvo said:
Or possibly, obtain a TEFL qualification, and teach English to kids/adults/businessmen or women in France or Italy, and have winters skiing and summers cycling. :evil:

Also an option...equally appealing for helping refugees learn english, which I'd love to do.

OP
OP
Cathryn

Cathryn

Legendary Member
Joe24 said:
If your going to be a teacher at a normal school, go for the younger ages. Do not go for secondary at all. It is the worst.
Dont be a supply teacher.
If your going to be a teacher, be a nice teacher, a cool teacher, that doesnt give out homework except for to cycle. If you will be that, then come to my school and teach me:biggrin:

Fab idea!! And I'd NEVER become a supply teacher! Hideous.

Young Un

yes if you do become a teacher please please dont give out loads of homework or detensions - the kids will hate you and then never do anywork for you - it happened in our french class last year:biggrin: - although its not really something to be proud of:blush:

Top Bottom