Should I demand my money back?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gerry Attrick

Lincolnshire Mountain Rescue Consultant
I have just had to replace the tyres on one of my bikes. I didn't want to because there was little or no wear on the treads, but they had swollen badly and were far too wide for the specification. The rear tyre was actually rubbing on the mudguard. I am considering taking them back for a refund. Do you reckon I have a case....................?
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
They were only twenty nine years old!!!! :laugh:

gavintc

Guru
I would be amazed if anyone would provide a warranty for a consumable product such as a tyre. If you had noticed it immediately before you had used the tyre you might have had a case. If the tyres are used, IMO not a chance.

Maybe not a full refund, but at least a reward or prize. 29 years is pretty good going for a pair of tyres. I'd have thought the rubber would have degraded by now regardless of use.

Oldest piece of cycling equipment I have is a set mudguards from 1998 which are waiting for the day I need mudguards again.

OP
OP
Gerry Attrick

Gerry Attrick

Lincolnshire Mountain Rescue Consultant
Maybe not a full refund, but at least a reward or prize. 29 years is pretty good going for a pair of tyres. I'd have thought the rubber would have degraded by now regardless of use.

Oldest piece of cycling equipment I have is a set mudguards from 1998 which are waiting for the day I need mudguards again.
The sidewalls were like a piece of crazy paving, but the tread and cotton carcase are fine. In fact I have just cut out a section to see their construction.

gavintc

Guru
Ha....caught one. :biggrin:

Yes, you did - need my reading glasses for that sized font. That will teach me to surf without wearing them. LOL
biggrin.gif

postman

Legendary Member
Is the shop still open .And i bet the Saturday boy is now the owner .

29 years .They lasted longer than my first marriage .

And i bet you got a better ride than i did .:wub:

postman

Legendary Member
Oh 'ere now then .Missus .

When you have sorted as many saucy seaside postcards as i did .Some stay withy you .

'Nurse i said ,Prick his boil'.

Top Bottom