Should I name my son......

Should I name my son Luke Skywalker Thornburn

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Wigsie

Nincompoop
Luke Skywalker Thornburn?

My 9 year old suggested it last night and I laughed him out the room, but think its kinda cool now, mrs Wigs likes the name luke but hates Star Wars, but with a big of nagging I reckon I could sway her!

karen.488walker

I wanted to call my son Luke Sky and my daughter Anna Kinsky! Could have been great!!

ASC1951

Guru
A friend of mine - a Richard Cooper - named his daughter Mini. My, how she laughed! All the way through school!

And if you're going to be called Peaches, your dad had better be a squillionaire.

Wheeledweenie

Über Member
I know you're probably thinking it's a middle name so he can hide it if he hates it but think again. My middle name's Indiana (think Brooklyn Beckham) and although I don't mind it now I HATED it growing up.

philipbh

Spectral Cyclist
Reminds me of an old colleague - family name of Ward

He wanted to call his son Alexander William Keith, but his Mrs didn't like the idea once she realised he would become AWK Ward :tongue:

Greedo

Why not. It's only a middlename and he'll drop it if he doesn't like it. Does anyone ever use their middle name anyway????

Nowt wrong with Luke Thorburn

lazyfatgit

Nothing wrong with Luke. Not sure about Skywalker, but as its a middle name, its not that bad.

Someone I know is called Robin, because his mother asked his siblings to name him and they both agreed on Batman.

Coco

Wheeledweenie said:
I know you're probably thinking it's a middle name so he can hide it if he hates it but think again. My middle name's Indiana (think Brooklyn Beckham) and although I don't mind it now I HATED it growing up.

Please tell me your surname isn't Jones :laugh:

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Well middle names have come up at school this week as they got PE sweatshirts with their initials on - cue lots of conversations about how silly peoples middle names are. Think about him having to fill in an application for a job.... what would you think if you were on the receiving end of the application.

When I was naming my kids I thought about whether I felt able to yell it in the supermarket if the child was on top of a tower of baked beans:biggrin:.

Doesn't matter how hard you think through the names you give your children there is always something you haven't thought about that children can use against each other. I'm all for names that are a bit different - but don't go too mad.

(Luke's not a bad name - its what I would have been if I was a boy).

Top Bottom