Should I Report This ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
If you have something like road safe. Outside london it is often called operation crackdown. Then i would report it on that. If not then i doubt it will go anywhere with the police, it's hard to prove that when he pulled out he was on his phone. And thus it could just be a coincidence that he was using his phone as you went past. Not any better mind, but that is no doubt how it will be treated.

As i said on one of your videos yesterday, at that speed you really need to be cycling further out from the gutter. Be at least in the middle of the road if not further!

See this video for example on road positioning.
[media]

]View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRONsqlL1q8[/media]

Also wide angle lens' don't show acceleration and de-acceleration well
[media]

]View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=903LKBBfaLs[/media]

400bhp

Guru
Your discretion whether you report it or not.

For me I'd put it down to experience and move on. :smile:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Can't see any issue with the road position - way out form the curb............ 1m or so.......

PS this is outskirts of Manchester........ it's now't like LonDUMP...... for riding................ :tongue:

Driver pulled out, but it wasn't that bad...... mine this morning was dive...dive......dive............... from left though..............:whistle:

Ben M

Thoughts ????

2larpqu.jpg

I chuckled.

2larpqu.jpg

I chuckled.

Damn I missed that.:wacko:

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
If I knew he was texting I wouldn't be wanting to pull in, in front of him... its the same as when we are in the car on the motorway... if I see someone on their phone ... I won't pull back in front of them but put a bit more space between us. Its easier to do on the motorway obviously...

Jmetz

Reg is still wrong. And as for would he do that if you were in a vehicle... no doubt about it, there was (as it appears) a space there great enough to pull out all be it tight.

crumpetman

On a different issue, the ASL at 0.48 looks a bit odd! Did they forget to put broken lines on the feeder lane?

Top Bottom