Should I?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bicycle

I've realised only recently that I look absurd wearing a cycling helmet.

This is significant, as a key element of cycling to me is the whole aesthetic of being at the sabre's edge in new things and looking cooler than dry ice at all times. Riding the thing is really secondary.

There wasn't an angle from which I looked anything but absurd in the helmet I had.

It's an old, early 90s slightly aerodynamic cranial mushroom-type thing.

I was all prepared to ditch it and go back to the cotton cap.... But then my ever-loving wife told me I looked aburd in that, too.

So I went out to my bicycle with nothing on my head, walking past a mirror as I did so.

It turns out that I was just born looking absurd. It wasn't the helmet at all.

What can I do?

Is this even a helmet debate?

Would a huge Russian fur hat with turned-up ear flaps help in any way?

Might that look absurd too?

Angelfishsolo

A Velocipedian
A photo might help :smile:
I've realised only recently that I look absurd wearing a cycling helmet.

This is significant, as a key element of cycling to me is the whole aesthetic of being at the sabre's edge in new things and looking cooler than dry ice at all times. Riding the thing is really secondary.

There wasn't an angle from which I looked anything but absurd in the helmet I had.

It's an old, early 90s slightly aerodynamic cranial mushroom-type thing.

I was all prepared to ditch it and go back to the cotton cap.... But then my ever-loving wife told me I looked aburd in that, too.

So I went out to my bicycle with nothing on my head, walking past a mirror as I did so.

It turns out that I was just born looking absurd. It wasn't the helmet at all.

What can I do?

Is this even a helmet debate?

aberal

Guru

I once saw a guy cycling down Lothian Road in Edinburgh at the height of the rush hour wearing one of these - with the ear flaps hanging loose, bouncing up it time with him bouncing up on down on his spring laden saddle. Sandals flat on the pedals, bare feet and a big beard. I would've laughed except that I couldn't help but notice that the cars were all giving him the widest of wide berths. He was the safest cyclist on the road that day.

Andy_R

Hard of hearing..I said Herd of Herring..oh FFS..
AFDB.jpg

you could get one of these to reflect the evil thoughts of WVM back on them and cause them untold misery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom