Shout at me and tell me I'm fat!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

hungrydave

Regular
Got on the scales today for the first time since Christmas. 16st 4lbs. Bugger.

1.5st more than a year ago and 2.5st more than my fighting weight (metaphorically).

I exercise reasonably frequently so I think it's the calories in part of the equation that's letting me down. I just love cake, cheese and beer!

Please either a) console me that it won't take long to lose or b) abuse me until I do something about it. Or a combination of the two.

Fran143

Über Member
You are doing something about it now, make all the right changes and you will get there.....fit and ready for a summer of cycling! We are all in the same(ish) boat: https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/weight-watchers-thread.5974/post-1675990 :thumbsup:

yello

ok.... YOU'RE FAT!!!! ;)

I just love cake, cheese and beer!
Interesting combo....

Fret not, many of us put on a few kilo over the Christmas/NY period. Personally, I reckon it's as much to do with inactivity as over-eating. Get your activity levels back up and get back to your normal eating and you'll probably loose that weight. Btw, I don't mean anything strenuous when I say 'activity levels' either. I mean walking more, taking stairs etc. Difficult if you have a desk based job, I know, but be creative! Take the long way to the coffee machine!

Globalti

Legendary Member
I reckon a busy Saturday doing chores around the house is as good a way as any of burning calories. A bit of vacuuming, clean the car, sweep the path, wash a few windows, unblock a couple of drains and rake up some dead leaves and I feel as if I've had a good all-body workout. A couple of trips onto the roof to bring down, repair and replace a rattling chimney cowl and I've given the legs a stretch as well.

yello

I reckon a busy Saturday doing chores around the house is as good a way as any of burning calories.

Absolutely! For me, it's pottering in the garden, a bit of DIY, walking the dog etc etc. One good thing about keeping the calorie burn slow and steady is that you don't get the munchies like you do after intensive exercise.

WychwoodTrev

You are skinny compared to me as I am 6'1 and back up to 16 stone . Good luck with the weight loss.

fimm

Veteran
:wahhey:YOU'RE FAT!!

(sorry, it kind of had been done before, and that was the best I could do for a shouting smiley - it isn't quite right...)

If you are overweight (so am I) no point pretending is not happening or not too much. You either are or arent! But the good thing is that as long as you are enjoying doing the exercise either you will loose some or keep the same consumption but not adding anymore. Reality is that a) if you are just 'sensible' about eating, ie dont deprive yourself too much but dont overindulge regularly, and b) you keep at it ie dont give up after a few weeks, you will see/feel a difference. :thumbsup:

And anyway being overweight is not always a synonymous of being unfit. An 'overweight' person can be fitter than a slim one! :smile:

Top Bottom