Shoved off bike by double decker bus !!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gbb

Legendary Member
Well it had to happen sometime, my first ever really bad altercation with a driver.
In cycle lane making fair headway, moderate traffic, double decker bus (a school run one i think) passed me so so close at about 30 mph, then swerved into the cycle lane .
:angry: :angry: he's going to regret that. He's pulled up about 100 yards in front to let some kids off. Straight in front of his bus, stopped by his windscreen and 'gave him a piece of my mind' while he's stopped.
I'm about 2ft from his windscreen, he drove forward to halve the distance while i was looking for the bus number (in case i decide to report him)...then drove forward again and knocked me straight off :ohmy: :ohmy:

Oh boy, now its serious. The plank only had to put his hand up and apologise for the close pass, i'd have probably given him a bit more of a tongue lashing and rode off (as you do countless times if you commute seriously)

Knocked on the bus door (my bike's still laid in front of the bus), he opened it and i got on to berate him (funny thing is i cant really remember what i said). He's got out of his seat, said something about 'you were in the cycle lane wer'nt you'...got off the bus, picked up the Bianchi, THREW it onto the path :ohmy: :ohmy: where it bounced all over and hit a lampost, then he started to drive off...me still on the bus while i was getting witness details from one lad who offered.
i told him, if the bikes gone when i get back, you're companies going to pay £800 for it. I dont think so, he said, i really do, i said.
Demanded he let me off, which he did albeit not immediately. Walked back (maybe 1/4 mile) , retrieved bike which now has damaged chainring, scuff to bartape, scuffs to the RD, damaged front wheel rim, damaged saddle, various light scratches...ive got a sore calf muscle and other minor sore bits, slight tear in my longs.

He's dug himself a bottomless pit. All he had to do was apologise, that'd have been enough for me.

Police contacted, bus reg taken, witness has been in touch so ive got his number. Just got to wait for the police to come now. I reckon maybe £150 in damage to the bike and my clothing.

Jesus, where do some people leave their brains ??? He must be sat at home now, praying i dont contact the police. Too late my friend.

Will the police let me know who the owners are so i can claim for the damage?

400bhp

Guru
Bloody hell :ohmy:

Were there many people on the bus?

People do lose it in some situations, but that takes the biscuit. :angry:

Lost job I reckon (if you have witnesses that can corroberate your story).

mummra

Über Member
Wow. Sounds like he lost his head.
I'm sure the bus company will have CCTV as most seem to do now.

As far as I'm reading this is that it was an RTA as he hit you with a vehicle (if not attempted .....something or other) so he should have offered his details; as he hasn't he should contact the police to inform them which he probably won't
Therefore he'll be in even more trouble especially if you've got a witness to back you up.

Good luck with the law

OP
OP
gbb

gbb

Legendary Member
Bloody hell :ohmy:

Were there many people on the bus?

People do lose it in some situations, but that takes the biscuit. :angry:

Lost job I reckon (if you have witnesses that can corroberate your story).
Ah, maybe 8 older kids (maybe 15 to 17 years) on the lower deck. I turned to them and asked if anyone would witness what just happened, they all looked down. I said 'no i didnt think so' and gave them all a 'dissapointed with them' look. At that point one lad said, i'll give you my number.

Should have punched him in the balls.

Surprising where you mood can go sometimes. I think i registered there were kids on quite early, so perhaps dumbed down my actions.

Wow. Sounds like he lost his head.
I'm sure the bus company will have CCTV as most seem to do now.

As far as I'm reading this is that it was an RTA (if not attempted something or other) so he should have offered his details; as he hasn't he should contact the police to inform them which he probably won't
Therefore he'll be in even more trouble especially if you've got a witness to back you up.

Good luck with the law
I'm hoping so because i was quite angry, but calm if that makes sense, so nothing can be thrown back at me. I only think i cussed once, which is kinda surprising given the situation.

KingstonBiker

Looks like you handled it well. Let's hope that idiot is off the road and you get a new bike out of it. Your carbon frame was scratched right ? ;)

Nigeyy

Legendary Member
Blimey, that sounds bad. I hope you have satisfaction pursuing him on that one. He sounds a nasty piece of work.

And yes, while it is tempting to say hit him, really would have caused more issues than it would have solved. Good luck.

Stephenite

Membå
Disgusting behavior - and driving children too! You'll be doing everyone a favour by seeing this through.

Thanks in advance. And commiserations for the bike and the hassle.

sabian92

Über Member
I smell a disqualification and the dole office for somebody in the next few weeks...

And if not, get a bus and knock HIM off a bike and see how he likes it. What an utter tit.

Top Bottom