show us your bike stable

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
a thread to post pics of all the bikes you own, or are responsible for maintaining.

carrera.jpg

"trigger's broom", started off life as a budget carrera virtuoso and has been upgraded to the point that only the frame and handlebars are original. most likely to be seen on the saturday club run in the hills.

black.jpg

the black bike. a frame of unknown provenance built up largely with components originally on trigger's broom above. most likely to be seen on long, flat rides.

carlton.jpg

everyday fixed wheel. 1958 carlton frame (not sure of the model), built up with a variety of more modern components. the only bike i own that has any campag on it (the front rim and the rear dropouts). most likely to be seen pottering around town on errands, or on short solo rides.

claud.jpg

the superlative; prettiest, lightest, fastest, oldest etc. 1951 claud butler olympic sprint. details (and close ups) here. most likely to be seen on vintage club runs or summer solo rides.

equator.jpg

the pub bike. needs more doing to it than its worth, but a nice ride nonetheless. most likely to be seen in the winter.

elswick.jpg

mrs alec's 1985 elswick ascot. the only hub-geared bike in the stable. tick tick tick. most likely to be seen on family rides in the summer.

premonition.jpg

soon to be n-1. this was a horrible bike when purchased, but the replacement of the front fork and brake system has made a nice bike to ride, if a little heavy. a friend is interested in acquiring it, now mrs alec has the elswick. most likely to be seen in the shed.

rhapsody.jpg

daughter's 198? raleigh rhapsody. recent acquisition and notable for the mixte frame and the sachs gearing. most likely to be seen on trips to friends' houses.

burley.jpg

burley encore trailer. cost more on initial purchase than any of the bikes! versatile in that it can be unhooked from the bike and used as a pushchair. most likely to be seen behind the black bike, full of small children or shopping.

gt aggressor (not pictured). eldest son's nice 24" wheel mtb, alu frame and decent, serviceable components. most likely to be seen on the school run, family rides, or the club's easy ride.

universal 12"wheel 'bmx' (not pictured). chrome, rusty but dependable little child's bike bought for £5 in a charity shop years ago. most likely to be seen on the school run, the youngest kid to ride a push bike to school.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Here are mine, outside the stable (excludes the missus and kids bikes though)

DSCF3428.jpg

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
Foz, Looking at the size, they all look like your kids bikes :tongue:
thumbsup.png
biggrin.gif

Joking aside you have some of the sweetest looking machines on here dude !

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Foz, Looking at the size, they all look like your kids bikes :tongue:
thumbsup.png
biggrin.gif

Joking aside you have some of the sweetest looking machines on here dude !

Hah - just because you are a giant - so inconsiderate you know, as I've not been able to test ride any of your bikes as I can't even get me leg over the top tubes. :tongue:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Specialized Roubaix Elite 2009 - my nice ride bike
5625348720_80ed4c4e01.jpg

Specialized Secteur Elite 2010 - my day to day commute bike
6382973375_5edc877c29.jpg

Catbike Musashi 2011 - my fun bike
5799636960_8a67ac4112.jpg

Also have
GT Legato 3 2008 flat bar roadie - hack bike
6382972801_673abb03fe.jpg

Kona Dew - 2008 hack bike (currently in bits)
6382972865_2d4a8ceae4.jpg

Carrera Subway 1 2006 (on loan to brother)
carrerasubway1-399-75.jpg

arallsopp

Post of The Year 2009 winner
Surprised to see you posting the stock pics for the last three bikes, Ian, what with all that warehouse / shop floor / photo studio dust on them... ;)

Reactions: gaz

NormanD

Lunatic Asylum Escapee
bike num 5..:whistle: got it on sunday from flanker37 on here a round trip of 320 miles in all that fog but was worth it nnow with rack+bag View attachment 4853
This is on my wish list for Christmas (not your bike though)

theloafer

Legendary Member
Top Bottom