Show us your bodge job.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I can't take any pictures of this one, as I gave away the bike earlier this year (to @Milzy, who passed it on)

The rear mudguard mount (on the guard) rotted out on my old work bike, it was relegated to the garage in 2009 (after replacement by a downgraded Dyna-Tech 755Ti)
Up to its departure, 'rot-proof' green gardening twine still held the rear guard in place
I reckon it had 4 years of usage; '365'

Can just about be seen here

Cycling. 2012. Yellow Bike. 1.JPG

Last edited:
Not so much a bodge, as money saving....
And an accepted way of repairing, on a bigger scale, with truck mudguards

Back in September 2018, I suddenly got an odd noise from the rear one night (dark; 23:00)
On getting home, I investigated, the rear 'guard had split at the bridge
Bugger!
Mudguards. CGR. 3.JPG

Several small holes were drilled, & 2 sizes of zip-tie found in the shed
4 holes were drilled (cordless was flat)
Mudguards. CGR. 6.JPG

Almost a year later it's still as good as the day it was done
I ought to have silicone the holes, as some grit does get past the zip-ties onto the frame
Mudguards. CGR. 11.JPG

Skanker

3A4348B5-7880-41B1-8278-37D2CA2106CB.jpeg
Quite a few years back a lonely bmx got tiresome and boring, so it was bodged into something a little more interesting, my first recumbent and my one and only python.
No handlebars or brakes, used feet to steer as well as pedal.
An animal to ride but only a couple of inches to fall!

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
Light mounting eye made of Sugru. Supposed to be temporary but it's been like that a few years now.

View attachment 478265

Lasted five years (had the light for 11)

Noticed a couple of weeks ago that the join was starting to fail so finally sprung for a new Cyo.

When I replaced it I realised the Sugru join was still fine- the underlying plastic of the mounting eye had cracked further. Impressed.

Light still works- might find a way to fashion a mount for it and put it on the Elephant Bike.

Top Bottom