Show us your Commuting Bike !

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Show us your commuting bike gallery - would love to see what people use as their everyday commute bike.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
Show us your commuting bike gallery - would love to see what people use as their everyday commute bike.

Jowwy, you need to change the title otherwise no one knows what this thread is about. Any
DSCF8209.jpg
way way here is my Trek 7.3 which has seen me right for the past 14 months, but I have just replaced it. It was a bomb proof urban commuter, with full mudguards, rack and bar ends. It is a go anywhere bike. It is locked at my work bike rack, which as you can see is in an enclosed court yard next to a wall with a metal railing and an urn. I fitted the pipe lagging to the railing to pretect the frame.

DRHysted

Guru
I was using this one until Wednesday last week.
8186-30c6d13fdb88b4aed87549a8ac2d2aa3.jpg

But after 1800 miles it the running gear started to fail, so I'm now using this.
8187-aa371e95b60131532b074cf35beb89ce.jpg

As it's three times the price of the first, I expect it to last longer (and this one can be upgraded if needed (wanted)).

Attachments

• IMG_0129.JPG
    IMG_0129.JPG
    113.9 KB · Views: 395
  • IMG_0258.JPG
    IMG_0258.JPG
    124 KB · Views: 369

lip03

Über Member
DRHysted

how did you find that viking?? are they any good? i have a flat 6 mile commute and as they are cheap as chips i have been concidering one

DRHysted

Guru
DRHysted

how did you find that viking?? are they any good? i have a flat 6 mile commute and as they are cheap as chips i have been concidering one

For a £200 bike it wasn't bad. The brakes were of concern, but only when you needed them. The shifters were on the downtube, so if the road was bumpy you couldn't change gear for fear of crashing. I only needed to have the rear wheel trued once, which considering the roads is pretty good.

It really only started failing in the last hundred miles, and then really it was the rear drailier that wouldn't hold a setting for more than two rides. but I wanted better and to get away from the downtube shifters, and to be honest it wasn't worth throwing money at. I've still got it, and when I get some rest days, I'll give her a clean and keep her as a spare.

Edwards80

Über Member
Here is my commuter . . . and Winter Hack and Sunday best :biggrin:

First pic is before I took the rack off last weekend, fitted clipless pedals and upgraded the wheels/tyres after the rear ate some spokes. 2nd is how I have been using it this week :smile: Not had to ferry my laptop and substantial lock around so a rucksack has been fine. Will try to keep it like this unless my carrying load increases again :S

Stockport-20120308-00148.jpg

triban.jpg

Diggs

Veteran
[QUOTE 1787689, member: 45"]Specialized Tricross. Picked up last year's model last month at a third off. It's the most comfortable drop-bar bike I've owned so far, and I'm loving it.

P1020924.jpg
[/quote]
I treated myself to a reduced 2011 Tricross Sport (struggled to get hold of a Tricross) as my n+1, given it's flexibility. Would agree it's an absolutely fantastic bike to ride

Top Bottom