Show Us Your Kids Bikes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
Here's a brace of Islabikes... :becool:

standalone

I don't have pictures of bikes with no one on them. So here's a cycling through the ages post...

Not the earliest but all those are on film, so we'll start in the digital era.

Trail Gator days

Learnt to ride

102-0255_CRW.jpg

Loaded for holidays

CRW_2969.jpg

Family day out

IMG_3462.JPG
Wc-PpymXHs9Ofu4WX-HcwSkVOP3OU7znpKpu7-OvjeM

You can jump an Islabike

IMG_3589.JPG

But a Trek is better

IMG_3587.JPG

Today's bikes and burgeoning interests

IMGP1303.jpg

IMG_0031.JPG

IMG_3978.JPG

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Here's another vote for the Ridgeback MX14 like the one in Hicky's picture.
LookatMe.jpg

A proper tiny bike with alloy frame and wheels, V-brakes and other real bike components. My 2 sons learn't to ride on it and despite 5-6 years of hard use it is still going strong (although not as pristine as the one Hicky's son is proudly clinging to!)

I just realised Hicky, is that picture taken by the cafe at the back of Hollingworth lake?

Attachments

• LookatMe.jpg
    LookatMe.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 78

Hicky

Guru
Yeah hollingworth lake, it was the first ride on his 3rd birthday prezzie(thanks ebay!).....refused to use brakes, wwwooohhoooooo I had to run along side him most of the way as he wanted to keep up with his bro.

We often go to the Lake it is a nice 2mile round and a cafe stop.

annaspanna

Here's my 'little darling' on his first balance bike.. Cheap one from amazon just to get him going, but he is only 2 and half.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1330637408.379825.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1330637408.379825.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 115

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
This was just after their 11th birthday at Derwent Valley

Derwent Valley is a cracking ride, especially the other side of the valley which is not tarmaced. Both kids rode it before they were 5 which I think is quite an achievement as it is about a 10 mile loop! Much better than the overcrowded circuit of Dovestones Res which is only a couple of miles.

Shaun

Founder
The first bike Little Ms. Admin got from Father Christmas:

18072009149.jpg

Followed by the "bigger girl" bike she transitioned to a couple of Christmases later:

25122009331.jpg

... with bike No.3 on the cards in the next month or so (because poor bike No.2 went walkabouts from the front yard and came back a week later, trashed).

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Henry's trio of movers and shakers.

His ToddleBike which he loves. He can get some real good speed up on this and can corner like a demon. It's getting a bit small for him now though.
SDC12947s.jpg

The Tunk Bike on loan from Family Arallsopp. He's really got used to flying around on this one now. And it's his current favourite.
SDC12946s.jpg

The Zooom. A tiny bit big for him at the moment. He's still getting used to it but likes to get on and ride it to show off a bit. Won't be long until he's flying around on this one too.
SDC12948s.jpg

Hicky

Guru
The Rochdale canal is right behind our house so we jump on there up to Smallbridge train st then up to the Lake and back....the cafe and small park is the aim for the kids and a cavery on the way home at the Sandbrook pub!

Thats our "family route"(12mile round trip)....wife comes along sometimes when the weather is nice.
I keep meaning to go up rooley moor rd to see the quarries but never have the time!

Once the youngest is older/stronger and ditched the pedals I'll try him and see how far he gets...wont be long now he's a loon on the thing!

Top Bottom