Shower room etiquette

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jimboalee

Going on from the 'Bikestand' thread, how would you deal with this?

I arrived at work and went into the shower room as usual.
I like to arrive early because there is only one cubicle. Mind you, its a big cubicle - 6 ft square with two shower heads.

A newbie commuter walks in. He strips off and the next thing I know, he's turned on the other shower head and got in under it.

Ordinarily, the regulars respect each other's privacy and wait. The one of us using the shower hurries up to avoid unnecessary delay.

How would you react? :evil:

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
Nothing wrong with that as there's plenty of space - worse if you're swimming at the local pool - though mind you a lot of people have hang ups about communal showers so can understand the flipside.

Shower at work - that would be a luxury for me!

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
Two showers, I'd carry on showering. No different to many locker rooms. But then I'm Dutch, so I wouldn't be particularly bothered anyway.

Blackandblue

Ha ha ha ha ha!

I'd probably just get on with it (washing myself that is). And make sure I didn't drop the soap (obvious gag but irresistible).

I'm pretty comfortable in the nuddie around other people - male or female (although the occasion to be nude around females rarely presents itself).

My shower room bug bear is people that trapse out of the shower and walk out into the changing area dripping water all the way. This is unacceptable for 2 reasons: 1. it's a safety hazard; immediately outside the shower cubicle the floor has a non-slip surface. Beyond that, it is smooth and very slippery when wet; and 2. it makes it difficult to put trousers and socks on without getting them wet.

Grrrrr.

BentMikey said:
Two showers, I'd carry on showering. No different to many locker rooms. But then I'm Dutch, so I wouldn't be particularly bothered anyway.

Blimey! That's a first! I never saw/heard of my Dutch mates showering in the 8 months I spent with them on a kibbutz in Israel! :ohmy:

Unless you've got a massive/minute penis, then showering alone under your own shower shouldn't be a problem.

Just don't look down! :evil:

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
Dayvo said:
Blimey! That's a first! I never saw/heard of my Dutch mates showering in the 8 months I spent with them on a kibbutz in Israel! :ohmy:

Unless you've got a massive/minute penis, then showering alone under your own shower shouldn't be a problem.

Just don't look down! :evil:

Bit stuck on this one..
these are not strangers from a gym or even mates from the fottie/rigger pitch...these are people that you work with and may be responsible for (or after)...not sure I would consider sharing a 6ft box with a work collegue fully clothed, let alone starkers and slippery.

I think my blighty inhabitions might have kicked in and forced me to go make a cup of tea.

oh ......and I have a tiny penis as well

garrilla

As its got two shower heads, I'd expect somebody to come and use the spare at somepoint, even if the general convention is one-at-a-time.

skwerl

if there are two shower heads isn't the expectation that it's to be used by two people at the same time. Or were they were going for the "one massive drenching" approach?

Arch

Married to Night Train
ttcycle said:
Shower at work - that would be a luxury for me!

We have one, the whole shower room/disabled toilet is bigger than my bathroom at home!

I never use it though. I ride at a pace that doesn't leave me feeling I need it.

As for the new guy, I guess looking at him, getting out a magnifying glass, looking again, and laughing would get rid of him. Might destroy him for life though.

Top Bottom