Sickness

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

RyanW

The abominable Bikeman
Has anyone else had this, I start cycling get about 5 miles (Very hilly terrain) Feel a bit odd (Dizzy / disorientated) and then start being sick, 10 minutes later i feel fine again and cycle a further 15 miles with no problems at all.

R

HaloJ

Rabid cycle nut
Are you eating too much prior to leaving? Or are you maybe failing to ease in and warm up before going to full exertion and powering up a hill?

EDIT : or are you just eating too close to full exertion?

OP
OP
RyanW

RyanW

The abominable Bikeman
i had had an apple for breakfast about an hour before leaving, i am now thinking maybe i just went to hard to fast (As you said not warming up)

Ah well,

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Proper warming-up is really important, especially when cooler. Hilly terrain should be taken very easily at the start of a ride.

Noodley

Warm-up Sharm-up. There is no need to 'warm up', just maybe try to take it a bit easier and see how it is. If you warm up and then still fell crap then it's gonna put you off ain't it?. Just experiment with ride intensity. And an apple a day keeps the doctor away....

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Noodley said:
Warm-up Sharm-up. There is no need to 'warm up', just maybe try to take it a bit easier and see how it is. If you warm up and then still fell crap then it's gonna put you off ain't it?. Just experiment with ride intensity. And an apple a day keeps the doctor away....

Sorry Noodles, by warm-up I mean take it easy for the first x miles allowing CV system and fuel system to get up to speed. Takes me a few miles gently winding-up before I can really get-up to full speed. Cardiologist also stated that at least 5 mins winding-down was a good plan too.

HaloJ

Rabid cycle nut
I actually changed my commuting route as initially there was a steep climb within minutes of the start and it always used to knock me a bit sick. Now I warm up as I ride down the hill on a less direct route to work.

Top Bottom