Sidi shoe size

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Basil.B

Guru
Has anyone got size 8 feet, and a pair of Sidi shoes?
Just asking because I got my eye on a pair of Sidi Genius pro. shoes. Looking at the Sidi size chart, UK 8 is a 43, where normally it is a 42.
Would like to know as I will have to order on the web.

festival

Über Member
I have worn sidis for years and use size 42. most of my normal shoes are 8's with some 7 1/2 .
go in a local bike shop and try some sidis on to make sure.

henshaw11

Diffult to say I'm afraid. I'm something over an 8 - 8 1/2 in the Clarks I've got on at the mo', and US 10/UK9 in Vans and take a 43 in Sidis. The toe end *is* very close to my toe, but since they don't move much when done up, it's not a problem. In fact, since they're the Lorica versions, which stretches over time, if I've bought a larger size they might not fit now anyway (as an ex-colleague found), and the toe's stretched a little too.

They are a bit on the narrow side compared to some shoes (the only comparison I have is Spesh), so it'll depend on your foot width.
A brief google came up with this:
http://www.tritalk.c...pic.php?t=75679
http://www.timetrial...41
-which would suggest going up a size (so I guess to 43), based mainly on the width

If you've got particularly wide feet there's the Mega width version.

FWIW, I wound up buying a pair of Dominators s/h, virtually unused 5 or 6 years ago - the guy that bought them found they were a little too small :ohmy:

Excellent shoes tho' - my first pair lasted ~5 years (sole cracked from too much poor bunnyhopping), I've been on my second pair since ~2000, and all I've done with the s/h pair is fit the cleats..

OP
OP
Basil.B

Basil.B

Guru
Thanks for the advice. I know its best to try shoes on but I live near Oxford,
I don't know of any bike shops that stock Sidi in my area. So will have to buy on the internet.
Will have to take pot luck and go for a size 43.
Got some old Sidi motorcycle boots size 42, and they were a bit tight.

OP
OP
Basil.B

Basil.B

Guru
Yep that is the site. Ribble also have got them for £130.00.
Will have to make my mind up soon.
thumbsup.png

Top Bottom