Silly Pavement Cyclists...boing!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

thomas

the tank engine
I forgot about this until I just saw a video on youtube, but when I was at the second set of lights from work there were two ped-cyclists, cycling along the pavement. They both went around the corner of a building at the same time and cycled into each other! :laugh:

They stumbled around a bit, but seemed fine. Wasn't really paying that much attention, then saw them collide. Something went wrong with my camera (error 3, atc2000 anyone??) so I've not got the moment on film, so you'll just have to use your imagination :biggrin:

Sods law isn't it?:laugh:

thomas said:
I forgot about this until I just saw a video on youtube, but when I was at the second set of lights from work there were two ped-cyclists, cycling along the pavement. They both went around the corner of a building at the same time and cycled into each other! :laugh:

They stumbled around a bit, but seemed fine. Wasn't really paying that much attention, then saw them collide. Something went wrong with my camera (error 3, atc2000 anyone??) so I've not got the moment on film, so you'll just have to use your imagination :biggrin:

My Baaaaaa video was corrupt but I managed to rescue it with a free (yes Im tight sod) trial of 'ASF-AVI-RM-WMV Repair' downloaded from strangely enough www.download.com it might work for you.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Hmm... last night I was cycling (on the road) my daughter to guides... she jogs along the pavement. I saw a guy coming down the pavement at probably 15 mph towards her... he had to slam on the brakes. He didn't see her until he came around the corner despite it just being a chain fence that he could of seen through.

Jim_Noir

From the gobike group:

From: gobike-news@yahoogroups.com [mailto:gobike-news@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Denry Aal
Sent: 04 June 2009 21:59
To: gobike-news@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [GoBike-news] Illegal cycling - times 5

Interesting points Tricia. As a fairly experienced and confident cyclist I rarely find it advantageous, either in terms of safety or efficiency, to cycle on the road or even most cycle paths. However, with the obvious risks of cycling on the road, I would not begrudge any cyclist who chose to cycle on the pavement, so long as they pay good attention to the safety of those around them, pedestrians, cyclists and drivers alike. It's very easy to point the finger at the those individuals you see breaking an archaic and illconsidered law against cycling on the pavement, but the answer really lies in better training of drivers and cyclists, and with the provision of significantly better, safer and more efficient alternatives for cyclists. I would encourage you to let those you voted for know this.

Cheers,

Denry

2009/6/4 Tricia Fort <pefort@ntlworld.com>

Went to vote this evening, a novelty in itself, but just in the short
walk to the polling station and back encountered 5, yes 5, cyclists
cycling on the footpath, 4 male, 1 female, just 1 of the males was
somewhat abusive when spoken to and at least 1 of the males was going
far too fast to be able to pay any regard to pedestrians.
When? Between 17:30 and 18:00 today.
Where? 1 on North Street, 3 on Argyle Street and 1 on Douglas Street.

All of it illegal, inconsiderate and potentially dangerous to vulnerable
pedestrians.

Tricia

OP
OP
thomas

thomas

the tank engine
HLaB said:
My Baaaaaa video was corrupt but I managed to rescue it with a free (yes Im tight sod) trial of 'ASF-AVI-RM-WMV Repair' downloaded from strangely enough www.download.com it might work for you.

Ohh!! Wish I knew about that before ;)

The card doesn't actually have any files on it, yet the camera will only record for another 20 minutes B)...I've already formatted it a bit, got bored and decided I'd do it at work (or here as it is now).

edit: RANT - omg, I was going to have one thing to put youtube and the camera kindly cut the footage in two...missing the last few seconds out - oh well, it caught the main bit. I'll have to update something on the camera me thinks.

Bman

Guru
VirtuaDub is a good free video editing tool. You can get it to repair and/or re-encode most types of video file.

Thomas I presume the camera completely missed the last few seconds of the event your talking about? Because just to clarify, if its just the video file that is split (but all footage captured) you can easily join them together.

Top Bottom