1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sinclair's a-bike improved

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by another_dave_b, 26 Mar 2008.

1. gbb

gbb Legendary Member

Saw one in central london this last weekend....caught my eye, certainly different.

2. Fnaar

Fnaar Smutmaster General

Lord "Toff" Linley had one 2 yrs ago... caused a kerfuffle about his kid on the back...
    linley250906_700x505.jpg

3. TheDoctor

TheDoctor Man-Machine Staff Member

Been around for well over a decade, the Strida. I remember looking at it in the design module of my degree in '97.
    A whole section of my degree studying bike design! Fantastic, that was.
    *Glees*

4. Arch

Arch Married to Night Train

Yup, I've ridden both Strida and A-bike (the Strida having the longer pedigree) and I think I'd rather stick needles in my eyes than ride one any distance, but interesting design solutions. The A-bike folds so small - pity it's almost unrideable as a bike!

I've ridden an Itera as well - like riding a jelly on a bouncy castle...

5. TheDoctor

TheDoctor Man-Machine Staff Member

I nearly bought an Itera! The ride was...interesting.
    It reminded me of the limerick about a chaplain from Kings, who spoke about heavenly things, but his secret desire, was a boy in the choir, with a bottom like jelly on springs.:sad:

I still want a Kirk Precision - the cast magnesuim road bike. If Arch tells me she's ridden one of those too, I'll just go sick with jealousy.:ohmy:

6. Arch

Arch Married to Night Train

No, you're ok, never ridden a Kirk.

Not sure I fancy an inflammable bike!:sad: