Sinclair's a-bike improved

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gbb

Legendary Member
Saw one in central london this last weekend....caught my eye, certainly different.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Lord "Toff" Linley had one 2 yrs ago... caused a kerfuffle about his kid on the back...
linley250906_700x505.jpg

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Been around for well over a decade, the Strida. I remember looking at it in the design module of my degree in '97.
A whole section of my degree studying bike design! Fantastic, that was.
*Glees*

Arch

Married to Night Train
TheDoctor said:
Been around for well over a decade, the Strida. I remember looking at it in the design module of my degree in '97.
A whole section of my degree studying bike design! Fantastic, that was.
*Glees*

Yup, I've ridden both Strida and A-bike (the Strida having the longer pedigree) and I think I'd rather stick needles in my eyes than ride one any distance, but interesting design solutions. The A-bike folds so small - pity it's almost unrideable as a bike!

I've ridden an Itera as well - like riding a jelly on a bouncy castle...

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Arch said:
Yup, I've ridden both Strida and A-bike (the Strida having the longer pedigree) and I think I'd rather stick needles in my eyes than ride one any distance, but interesting design solutions. The A-bike folds so small - pity it's almost unrideable as a bike!

I've ridden an Itera as well - like riding a jelly on a bouncy castle...

I nearly bought an Itera! The ride was...interesting.
It reminded me of the limerick about a chaplain from Kings, who spoke about heavenly things, but his secret desire, was a boy in the choir, with a bottom like jelly on springs.:sad:

I still want a Kirk Precision - the cast magnesuim road bike. If Arch tells me she's ridden one of those too, I'll just go sick with jealousy.:ohmy:

Arch

Married to Night Train
TheDoctor said:
I nearly bought an Itera! The ride was...interesting.
It reminded me of the limerick about a chaplain from Kings, who spoke about heavenly things, but his secret desire, was a boy in the choir, with a bottom like jelly on springs.:sad:

I still want a Kirk Precision - the cast magnesuim road bike. If Arch tells me she's ridden one of those too, I'll just go sick with jealousy.:ohmy:

No, you're ok, never ridden a Kirk.

Not sure I fancy an inflammable bike!:sad:

Top Bottom