Single speed brake levers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I use Cane Creek SCR5 levers on my drop handlebars. Not sure what to recommend for flats.

Reactions: gaz

Scilly Suffolk

Über Member
I really like the look of something like these.

They keep the bars nice and uncluttered which suits the pared-down ethos of single speed/fixed bikes to my mind.

310424_269369409780091_162434847140215_889739_241395632_n.jpg

wheres_my_beard

Über Member
I really like the look of something like these.

They keep the bars nice and uncluttered which suits the pared-down ethos of single speed/fixed bikes to my mind.

View attachment 6151

+1 I have a similar setup (but I don't have gropes). It allows me to stay on the drops more of the time, for fast accelerations and easy maneuverability, although this can reduce visibility; I prefer this to my previous single Dirty Harry in the centre, like a single Cross lever, which made me tend to stay on the tops, which was quite uncomfortable and unwieldy.

You could go for some simple aero style levers, for a contemporary riding/ hand position.

I'm not really sure if you are asking us to recommend a type of brake or a specific make/model though; either way taking a look at charlie's site might be helpful.

YahudaMoon

Über Member
Hi :smile:

I purchased a bog standered lever from my local bike shop for £8 though it depends on what your bike is

If you have a classic vintage bike then Id go for MKS levers for nostalgia

Im not a lover of American bike parts though Pauls levers are unbelievably beautiful and a peice of top quality engineering

Id stick these on if Id have the money for a new new bike and levers
http://www.paulcomp.com/lovelevercomp.html

wheres_my_beard

Über Member
Thanks for the gropes link, I didn't know they were available off the shelf, assumed they were custom items.

Google velo oranges elk hide covers, they are very smart

Scilly Suffolk

Über Member
Do they need hoods, or do ride with them as they are?

I don't suppose it's such an issue with modern kit, but I've paid as much for hoods as for levers.

Scilly Suffolk

Über Member
Google velo oranges elk hide covers, they are very smart
They're lush, but I really can't be done with ordering stuff from the States, unless it's something I really want: it's quicker from China! [Looks, with misty eyes, at Gipiemme seat post binder bolt that took four months to arrive.]

You might want to check out Manchester velodrome on Sunday
they're having a cycle jumble, pick yourself up a bargain ;)
I'm going to find myself some shimano 105 levers for my drop bars for when I flip
the wheel round to s/s mode (I use bullhorns and a centrally mounted lever in fixed mode)

wheres_my_beard

Über Member
They're lush, but I really can't be done with ordering stuff from the States, unless it's something I really want: it's quicker from China! [Looks, with misty eyes, at Gipiemme seat post binder bolt that took four months to arrive.]

Take a look at Fresh Tripe; they sell the long ones and the short ones. I'm sure the long ones could be cut down for two bikes as they are long (570mm each). They have some other lovely bits on there too; they also have an ebay.co.uk store but doesn't have all there stock on it.

Top Bottom