Six Nations

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Keith Oates

Janner
Ireland take the Grand Slam for the first time in 61 years and by the reports I've read are worthy Champions. Tough luck on Wales who have also had a good season but just got pipped at the post. England beat the Scots so there will be some smiling faces there and also some not so smiling faces in the Northern reaches of the UK. Over all it seems this year was a good entertaining series so roll on next year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
I was hoping they would win. Must text my mate Paddy.

The Irish deserved/earned their Grand Slam. They played the most consistent of the teams this year and knew their game pattern from the start.

Thought we had done enough to thwart them with 3 minutes to go. But step forward Stephen Jones, don't kick the ball into touch you imbecile an entire nation shout!!!!!!!!! He does, result? Irish drop goal. And then to cap it off, he takes the last shot at goal which is clearly out of his range and within a certain G. Henson's. What is going on? You'd think there was some spread betting going on at half time. :biggrin:

Maz

Guru
I don't quite understand it. I heard that the England rugby team won the Calcutta Cup...is that a different competition then?

Maz

Guru
Dayvo said:
Just rugby matches played between England and Scotland during the 6 Nations.
Ah I see. Only for England v Scotland.
We should have other 'exclusives' as well for the 6 Nations:

The Bombay Bowl...Ireland v Wales
The Delhi Dish........Italy v France
etc...

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Maz said:
Ah I see. Only for England v Scotland.
We should have other 'exclusives' as well for the 6 Nations:

The Bombay Bowl...Ireland v Wales
The Delhi Dish........Italy v France
etc...

Was she the lead in Slumdog Millionaire?:angry:

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Headgardener said:
No, see below.

Only played at Murryfield (Scotland's home ground) I believe.

See here from Wiki

The Calcutta Cup is a rugby union trophy awarded to the winner of the annual Six Nations Championship match between England and Scotland. It is currently held by England, who claimed the trophy by defeating the holders Scotland 26–12 at Twickenham in the 2009 Six Nations Championship on 21 March 2009.

yello

The Irish were the most consistent, it's true, and the most organised - and saved their best performance for last - but I much preferred watching Wales. Wales, for me, were the most innovative and inspired... well, aside from the French in one game.

Sadly, I think that's the end of the Welsh resurgence. It doesn't look to me like there's much coming up through the ranks. England are starting to look good (but, let's face it, they started out with only one way to go). France continue to baffle me though; I never know which team is going to turn up!

I think that Irish side deserved it. They've promised much and not delivered until now. That generation of players won't be together much longer.

Top Bottom