SKS Rennkompressor track pump - spares ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
Just ordered one of these after seeing it rated so highly in C+ and other places, and because 'you can get a spare for every single part of the pump so that you never need to buy a new one'.

But... I've just been googling for spares and the most I can find is the odd site that sells rubber washers. So, have C+ been misleading their readers ? Anyone got one of these pumps and been able to locate the full range of spares ? I even tried the SKS website and there's nowhere there listing any spares either. :smile:

OP
OP
goo_mason

goo_mason

So I'm guessing that this isn't a popular track pump around these parts...? :biggrin:

Danny

Legendary Member
My cheap and cheerful Zefal track pump has lasted me for 10 years without needing any replacement parts. The only excpetion is the little bronze adaptor thingy that screws onto the valve which has a habit of periodically disappering into the hidden recesses of my garage - but you can buy these at any LBS.

What other parts are you expecting to have to replace?

OP
OP
goo_mason

goo_mason

I'll email them. I just got curious after the reviews that all say 'you can get a replacement for every part' so that you never need to buy another pump. Then I looked and found a couple of washers available - and no spares listed on the SKS site !!

Just seemed a bit strange !

It was delivered yesterday when I was out and has gone to my local Post Office just along the road... where I can collect it from Friday onwards. Why do the PO do 24hr deliveries and then make you wait 72hrs to pick it up when you've not been in ? B)

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
You're right Goo, I've seen the same claim bandied about a lot (but never thought to check it). I think Raleigh distribute SKS in the UK, but there's nothing on their site either.

Incidentally, Bikebits are doing them for £31

Wonder if I could sneak one past the missus...?

OP
OP
goo_mason

goo_mason

John the Monkey said:
You're right Goo, I've seen the same claim bandied about a lot (but never thought to check it). I think Raleigh distribute SKS in the UK, but there's nothing on their site either.

Incidentally, Bikebits are doing them for £31

Wonder if I could sneak one past the missus...?

I've no missus to sneak one past any more, so it's much easier :biggrin:

I had to get a good track pump anyway as the £4 Tesco sale one I got 2 years ago (which has been great for the MTB tyres) struggles to get past 90psi. I was sitting on the handle with my full 15st 10 weight the other day and it just would NOT go down and squeeze any more air in to those skinny Kenda tyres !

I'll let you know what I hear back from SKS to see if those grand claims made everywhere about spares are true or just a load of twaddle.

spivvy

I have a renkompressor spares .pdf which I found on the sks website not too long ago. Let me know if you want it.

OP
OP
goo_mason

goo_mason

spivvy said:
I have a renkompressor spares .pdf which I found on the sks website not too long ago. Let me know if you want it.

That's be great, Spivvy. Can you attach files to a PM ? I tried to PM you but you've not allowed that in your profile.

Cheers

spivvy

That's be great, Spivvy. Can you attach files to a PM ? I tried to PM you but you've not allowed that in your profile.

I don't seem to be able to do that by PM and the file is too big for the cycle chat upload.
If you'd like I'll send it to you via email.

wav3ydave

call RJ Chicken and Sons, the UK distributors, on 01525 381347 - they can normally get hold of spares. Update: it turns out not *everything* is replaceable (the base return valve, for example), but most bits, including the gauge, piston, hose and head, are.

Top Bottom