Skull Cap on EBAY . bargain buy & good quality

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mark cox

I am new to this forum but thought I would let everyone know of a recent skull cap purchase I made from good old ebay. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Skull-Cap..._Snowboarding_Clothing_LE&hash=item4ab30df114
The seller says something like "these really work" & I for one would give this a big thumbs up. I bought a cheap one last year direct from China but that was crap. These are well made.
I bought mine at 4pm and the cap arrived nextday. Iv'e since purchased another from them.
Mark Cox

Dave7

Legendary Member
Right-I have taken your advice and ordered one. I did buy a similar one from SportsDirect last month and that cost me £5(ish) so for this price I will take a punt.
Thanks

yello

Right... we're talking skull caps here.... whatever floats your boat I guess. Or bolsters your sales perhaps.

Honestly, they hardly break the bank do they? Not something you really need to go into a great deal of research over. Get yourself down to your LBS, see what they have, fork out oh, I dunno, maybe a couple of quid over the odds... keeps you both happy.

I'm beginning to wonder if there's a breed of person that has never heard of shops, they buy everything from ebay...

</mildrew> :laugh:

Sorry Mark, not having a go at you really. It's just my humour, an exaggerated yello comedy moment. I hope you and your skull cap are very happy together :laugh:

And welcome to the forum :thumbsup:

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
I got mine and tbh it's really thin and rides up a lot. It was also quite tight. For me it was a case of buy cheap and have to replace.

So I've bought another Altura one for £13 and it's sooo much better.

+1 for branded ones. I've used a DHB one for the past couple of years and it's brilliant. It fits well, it's warm yet not too thick so my helmet goes over it, it washes well and isn't showing any signs of wear other than the reflective logo is peeling a bit :smile:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
The one referred to looks like it's made from standard synthetic material - you need something with windproof section at the front as a minimum. I have a couple of Aldi caps and a Biemme one - the Biemme one is best for really cold days as the windproof section is larger.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Are these any good?
Thinking about buying one as it was blooming cold this morning !
In a word "NO"
Very thin and rides up (as OP said). Might be OK when weather picks up but in this weather I will stick with the one from Sports Direct---which for £5 I really recommend.

2pies

Veteran
In a word "NO"
Very thin and rides up (as OP said). Might be OK when weather picks up but in this weather I will stick with the one from Sports Direct---which for £5 I really recommend.

I think he means skull caps in general.

I wore one (dhb) for the first time this morning and can def. vouch for them. Kept my ears warm and the wind off of my forehead.

Dave7

Legendary Member
I think he means skull caps in general.

I wore one (dhb) for the first time this morning and can def. vouch for them. Kept my ears warm and the wind off of my forehead.
Ah. In that case-a very big yes.............but do make sure it's not so thick that your helmet won't fit comfortably.

YahudaMoon

Über Member
I am new to this forum but thought Id spam everyone to let them know of a recent skull cap and other crap Im selling from fleabay. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Skull-Cap..._Snowboarding_Clothing_LE&hash=item4ab30df114
Id say something like "these really work" ?????? & I for one would give this a big thumbs up. I bought a cheap one last year direct from China but that was crap. These are crap as well though I need rid.
Iv'e since purchased hundreds from them.
Mark Cock

Top Bottom