Sky Rides

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Looks great - loads of family ride stuff in Manchester - might just get little Miss a bit more confident.

Renard

Hilldodger said:
Sky are putting a MASSIVE amount of money into these events.

I noticed these on the BC website yesterday, so you reckon they are worth participating in then? I also noted that they are going to close the roads. Do you think the Glasgow event might be sabotaged with carpet tacks?

OP
OP
Hilldodger

Hilldodger

Guru
Dunno about Glasgow but in Leicester we've been doing a huge amount of work putting our event together and, like the London Freewheel, there will be a long traffic free route, lead bike rides, additional events, celebs etc.

And it's not just going to be a one off event either, Sky want to include more towns next year

Do you know what kind of things are being planned. Is it one for me and my bike or do you know if it will be aimed at all comers including families on foot? Only one of my kids is big enough to be cycling so far and if we went as a family it would be a walking job.

Hilldodger said:
Believe me, Leicester will be the place to be

I've lived in Leicester for four years now and it's the first time I've ever heard or seen that written ;)

OP
OP
Hilldodger

Hilldodger

Guru
The rides are for everyone and there will also be display, exhibitions and stuff for everyone on Abbey Park, at the Space Centre and Belgrave Hall.

More details just a soon as I get the OK to post them.

TVC

Me and Mrs C will deffo be there. A couple of guys at work like to take their kids out on their bikes, so I'm sure I could bully persuade them to come along.

TVC

Hilldodger said:
So we could say that we've drawn a pair of curtains, then:biggrin:

Ahh, my coat is over there.....

That calls for a disapproving Jeremy Paxman "Yeeesssss!"

Will there be flyers or stuff in the Mercury? T'internet hasn't reached parts of the Saffron Lane estate where most of the guys on my shop floor come from.

Top Bottom