Sleep thread.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Milzy

Guru
I’ve been recording my sleep data using my fit bit. It’s helped me a little bit to get to bed earlier on a night.
I was wondering if there’s any truth in warm milk aiding sleep. Does the milk have to be warm?
I’ve also tried this lavender relax spray which is nice.

Post your restful sleep tips here.

:smile:

alicat

Legendary Member
I have used the acceptance and commitment therapy approach of the Sleep school. In brief, don't worry about it, drop the props, don't try to get to sleep, accept that you may have an occasional night's bad sleep and you will sleep better in the long run.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Milzy

Milzy

Guru
[QUOTE 5322761, member: 259"]Cannabis tea (legal here if you grow it yourself). Smashing.[/QUOTE]
Looking for an energy efficient light for just the one plant.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I don't know whether warm milk aids sleep, but ice-cold Coke/Pepsi late in the evening definitely makes it hard to sleep! (I gave up alcohol 6 years ago, About once a month I give way to temptation and 'treat' myself to Coke or Pepsi. I always struggle to get to sleep for many hours afterwards.)

r04DiE

300km a week through London on a road bike.
The milk thing is false. I read that somewhere and wherever it was, it convinced me. Shame really as I always thought it worked for me. :sad:

screenman

Legendary Member
I found a pattern that works for me, bed at 10.45pm and up at 5am. I used to be allover the shop mainly spending to much time in bed.

r04DiE

300km a week through London on a road bike.
Did it stop once you found out it was false?
Yes, I had to once I'd found out! :cry:

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
Looking for an energy efficient light for just the one plant.

A growing LED (red and blue leds) light bulb for fitting into a existing lamp holder? Or if you can use a soldering iron and have access to a 12v supply, one of the red and blue LED plant growing strips.

I seem to recall a program on tv that explained that when your body temp is elevated due to day a hot bath then as your body cools back down you get extremely sleepy as a result of the temp adjustment

I think it was on the bbc but a few years ago

Alan O

Über Member
I’ve been recording my sleep data using my fit bit. It’s helped me a little bit to get to bed earlier on a night.
I was wondering if there’s any truth in warm milk aiding sleep. Does the milk have to be warm?
I’ve also tried this lavender relax spray which is nice.

Post your restful sleep tips here.

:smile:
Warm milk itself, I find revolting. But I have tried various commercial milky drinks, and they've had no effect at all. I think it's just marketing - some brands sold as sleepy evening drinks here are sold as morning beverages in Asian countries.

Camomile is supposed to be good for snooziness, and I really like camomile tea - but it's never had any drowsy effect on me.

I do find lavender relaxing (I even have a few batches of lavender wine I've made, and that is very relaxing) and I like a spray on pillows (and I also like traditional gents' fragrances with lavender). It's possible that it's a placebo, but you can't fool me on that one - I know placebos work!

Top Bottom