Sleeping without a pillow?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Anyone do this?

I've started recently and found a few advantages, I tend to have less back ache in the morning as it seems to stretch my spine somehow. I've not woken with a stiff neck yet either. I tend to find it best after a long bike ride.
Anybody else have any experience?

Fab Foodie said:
Anyone do this?

I've started recently and found a few advantages, I tend to have less back ache in the morning as it seems to stretch my spine somehow. I've not woken with a stiff neck yet either. I tend to find it best after a long bike ride.
Anybody else have any experience?

I was in IKEA in Brizzle at the weekend and they had a comprehensive pillow section for back sleepers, stomach sleepers and side sleepers (with different types)

I use a contoured memory foam pillow being a side sleeper and it has solved a lot of back problems. It is thinner than a regular pillow, but supports the neck very well.

I did sleep without a pillow for a while when I pulled my back, but find that this does a far better job.

Don't the cracks in the pavement leave a mark on your body Fab? :laugh:

I lie 'nearly flat' - that way, my ears are lower than the snore sound waves so I don't wake myself up... oh, and I might use a Tempur pillow. Not a tempura one, although I have heard they're batter than nothing...

Aperitif said:
Don't the cracks in the pavement leave a mark on your body Fab? :laugh:

I lie 'nearly flat' - that way, my ears are lower than the snore sound waves so I don't wake myself up... oh, and I might use a Tempur pillow. Not a tempura one, although I have heard they're batter than nothing...

I hear empty special brew cans can be fashioned into handy ash trays as well whilst there xx(

colly

Re member eR
Yes I do.

Mostly just sleep with one but for some reason when it's a hot night I will often as not wake and do away with the pillow. I do tend to sleep on my back though :laugh: so maybe that's why it suits.

OP
OP
Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Aperitif said:
Don't the cracks in the pavement leave a mark on your body Fab? xx(

Oh that's funnier than you may know...
Tempura pillows are a-maize-ing especially when well starched :laugh:

stumpy

Sleeping without a pillow may cause a tempory relief from aches and pains but (much like sleeping on a hotel bed gives you "the best nights sleep ever") this will not last. Get a good quality mattress (like a Tempur or a nice Pocket sprung one as long as it's the correct tension for your body weight) and a nice pillow (again tempur other memory foam is available but IMO not as good) and you should be neck ache free(ish)

I'm sorry for my sadness:shy:.......It's just my job:whistle:.............I need some friends:eek:

stumpy

I know....And I didn't even need to buy any drinks :eek:

Rob S

I sleep on my front, head to the left, left arm folded underneath me so my hand is touching my left shoulder and don't use a pillow....although I do then have two pillows shifted to the right of me for use during the hour-before-the-alarm-goes-off-snooze when I tend to turn on to my right side.

U

User482

I need two pillows, or my nose gets blocked. How weird's that!

red_tom

I sleep on my front just using the corner of the pillow. Anything higher and it feels like my neck is being pushed backwards.

I also always hide my hands underneath me when I sleep. I think this is due to having had a couple of kittens who took great pleasure in stalking my fingers whilst I slept.

Top Bottom