Slick 45C Tyre for Turbo Trainer

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Norry1

Legendary Member
I'm after a tyre to put on my partner's Hybrid bike when she uses the turbo trainer - her current tyre is pretty noisy.

Ideally it would be a slick and size is 700 x 45C

Cheap would be good.

Any ideas?

Martin

I'm after a tyre to put on my partner's Hybrid bike when she uses the turbo trainer - her current tyre is pretty noisy.

Ideally it would be a slick and size is 700 x 45C

Cheap would be good.

Any ideas?

Martin

Specific Turbo tyres tend to be quieter than road tyres and more hard wearing againsst the temperatures generated that cause a lot of tyres to get eaten up by Turbos. If the tyre won't be used on road, i'd recommend a specific tyre such as the Conti Ultrasport Home Trainer tyre. Otherwise, Conti Gatorskins are supposed to hold up pretty well.

I'm not sure i understand why you want a 45 though. On a trainer width doesnt increase comfort, speed or puncture resistance. Why not go for a 23?

Tollers

OP
OP
Norry1

Norry1

Legendary Member
Ta. I've just ordered a 700 x 38C. I checked with Specialized who said 32C was absolute minimum,

CRC also had Michelin World Tour tyres at £5.98 but tread looked a bit bumpier (noisier).

Martin

e-rider

crappy member
Ta. I've just ordered a 700 x 38C. I checked with Specialized who said 32C was absolute minimum,

CRC also had Michelin World Tour tyres at £5.98 but tread looked a bit bumpier (noisier).

Martin

I did see the world tour but they are not great tyres - the citys looked much better value for money and more suitable for the turbo trainer

Top Bottom