smelly shoes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

iLB

Hello there
my winter riding shoes currently smell worse than a very bad thing, to the point i can't keep them in my room! any ideas on how to fix the smell?

cheers

chop ya feet off lol.. have you tried putting them round the washing machine on a "delicates" wash.. put them in a pillow case first to stop them getting bashed up.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Wash your feet and change your socks at least once a week you stinky student.

Get some cheap charcoal insoles, or trainer freshener spray.. that's should do the trick.
When your shoes get wet make sure they dry out properly before using the next time.

longers

Legendary Member
I'm sure I've heard of people putting fresh cat litter in their shoes overnight.
No idea how effective it is but I'd happily post you some to try.

My shoes go in the washing machine on 40 every so often and all have odour eaters in and they get a wash at the same time. They smell lovely fine.

potsy

Rambler
I'm sure I've heard of people putting fresh cat litter in their shoes overnight.
No idea how effective it is but I'd happily post you some to try.

My shoes go in the washing machine on 40 every so often and all have odour eaters in and they get a wash at the same time. They smell lovely fine.

Ah FRESH cat litter,that's where I've been going wrong :tongue:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Is it bicarb of soda ok as well ?

Potsy, no don't use the 'wet' cat litter................ you'll get lots of 'clumps' inside....

TBH, stopping your shoes getting a soaking is one of the best methods of stopping smells.

Top Bottom