Snow at the end of May?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Renard

f0p369.jpg

bgo6cp.jpg

Bidean nam bian today

longers

Legendary Member
Wow. Looks great.

You've been getting out and about :biggrin:

Have you been taking -Katie?- the dog?

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
snorri said:
It's normal.
I could see snow on the hills as I checked my garden thermometer yesterday, it was 26C at sea level:smile:, and no midgies either:biggrin:.

It happens in England too, sometimes.

I remember taking an Australian student to see her first snow in the early eighties during May Bank Holiday. I didn't have to go far from Leeds to do it - Penygent, Whernside and Ingleborough were still capped with some late snow.

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
Sheffield had a snowfall of significance once in the 1990s, in June. Quite amusing as with the floods in 2007 that's two sayings about Sheffield that have been broken in my short lifetime.

OP
OP
R

Renard

longers said:
Wow. Looks great.

You've been getting out and about :tongue:

Have you been taking -Katie?- the dog?

Well, not this time. Kati(e) has been rather a naughty girl and bit off more than she could chew when she fell into a plunge pool at a waterfall the other night, much to the alarm of my daughter. She got a bit close to the edge and toppled into deep water before she managed to swim towards a half submerged branch which was too slippy to cling to. I managed to fish her out by grabbing her collar but with drops like the picture below you'll understand why she wasn't allowed to come with me (if you look closely you can just see the road through Glencoe which maybe gives you an idea of the scale).

w83htu.jpg

Just went out on my bike today.

OP
OP
R

Renard

Crackle said:
I've walked a lot round there. That's good weather you've got.

Very unusual as you probably know. You don't get many chances to wear shorts and t shirt on a 1150m mountain in this country.

Top Bottom