So two acts of aggression today

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Halfmanhalfbike

Über Member
User1314 said:
So I did a meerkat

:wacko::laugh::wacko::laugh::laugh:

XmisterIS

Purveyor of fine nonsense
User1314 said:
So I did a meerkat

meerkat4.jpg

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
"I rolled forward and said to cyclist:

"I saw that. Want the police called? I can act as a witness."

I'd be wary of striding into any argument without understanding what had just happened. I was once pounced on by a drunk guy at the traffic lights, he tried to whack me through my open window (I was driving), I got out, tried to talk to him, he went at it again, so I put him on the floor (no punches, just a sweep) and "sat" on him whilst i tried to get my mobile and call the police, young women screeches up, jumps out and starts clwawing and hitting me, calling me a city yob and actually spitting at me.

You never know what started the row, so should tread carefully untill you do.

Take it easy out there

Jonny

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
jonny jeez said:

I'd be wary of striding into any argument without understanding what had just happened. I was once pounced on by a drunk guy at the traffic lights, he tried to whack me through my open window (I was driving), I got out, tried to talk to him, he went at it again, so I put him on the floor (no punches, just a sweep) and "sat" on him whilst i tried to get my mobile and call the police, young women screeches up, jumps out and starts clwawing and hitting me, calling me a city yob and actually spitting at me.

Take it easy out there

Jonny

No. I disagree entirely. You made a citizens arrest, the woman should have done what COG did and ASK.

COG did the right thing, he didnt get physically involved but offered a sensible assistance. If someone then attacked him he has the right to defend himself within bounds and call the police for himself.

In all honesty perhaps a call to the police should have been made regardless. People cant just go around throwing punches.

XmisterIS

Purveyor of fine nonsense
jonny jeez said:

Take it easy out there

Jonny

You should have flat-punted him straight in the happy sack .... :thumbsup:

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
"You should have flat-punted him straight in the happy sack ...."

......I havent told you how the story ended yet :wacko:

Wheeledweenie

Über Member
It's so hard to know what to do. As a lady I tend to steer clear of cyclist/driver rows. I nearly got a hit a couple of weeks ago but just carried on (tinted out BMW, scary) and a lovely guy (on a bike) drew up next to me at the lights and asked if I was ok. It was nice to have someone ask even if he couldn't do anything and we cycled in convoy for the next mile til I felt a bit steadier.

So nice of you to stop for him.

Origamist

Legendary Member
User1314 said:
Meerkat seems to be make people laugh here.

So credit where credit's due. It's an urban cyclist analogy I first heard used by Origamist, some weeks back.

In fact, I have an idea!!!

I'm sure the 5th edition of Cyclecraft will include my meerkat head bob™
under a chapter titled: "Traffic negotiation: wisdom of the wild".

Top Bottom