So, what's your excuse?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hmm.........I notice that an awful lot of "keen" cyclists are online gossiping rather than doing that century ride against the clock. I can't ride because I'm at death's door (the symptoms were partly relieved by a toasted bacon cheese and chutney sandwich washed down with a gin and tonic at lunchtime) and it was -9 C in the greenhouse at 11 am this morning, so I'm staying in and hoping to live through the night.

What about everyone else?

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
I was supposed to be down the allotment this morning planting this seasons' garlic (late) BUT it's similarly baltic here. Sod that for a game of soldiers so i'm trying (not very sucessfully) to figure out iTunes and listening to the footy in front of the fire.

buggi

Bird Saviour
There was frost on the ground over the road which must mean the ground is slippy. and King Kong is on.

OP
OP
Cycling Naturalist
dan_bo said:
I was supposed to be down the allotment this morning planting this seasons' garlic (late) BUT it's similarly baltic here. Sod that for a game of soldiers so i'm trying (not very sucessfully) to figure out iTunes and listening to the footy in front of the fire.

The ground is frozen solid here and there's a lot more ice on the River Dee. The local police have issued a warning against going onto frozen lakes.

Young Un

Ground was frosty but have still been on the bike - shame it was on the turbo infront of the tv. Even though there was something interesting on I was still bored out of my wits. Probably going to end up doing one tomorrow as well as it looks like its gonna stay frosty for a while.

Dave5N

Über Member
Patrick Stevens said:
The ground is frozen solid here and there's a lot more ice on the River Dee. The local police have issued a warning against going onto frozen lakes.

Can't be that cold then.

Me, I toad yoo. I godda cowd.

TVC

I have a structured training plan aimed to bring me to the peak of performance for a sportive at the beginning of May.

Consulting the plan for today it says - sit around drinking tea and stuffing down the last of the Christmas chocs (actually it says 'rest' but that's my interpretation of rest). That and cycling on black ice is not one of my preferred pastimes.

yenrod

I got talking to a friend (who I aint seen for a while) on the way in and will be going round his later, after I stuff my face ! ;)

yenrod

Bollocks I definately need to go out to get some tubes...dam !!!!!!!!!!!

Thats the stuffing the facescenariooutthewindow ! till later ;)

Willow

Excuses excuses loads of them

Both boys had football matches this morning - one cancelled en route due to hard ground, the other practised in the end for same reason. Ground was so hard you could hear the boots clomping along.

En route to football realised how icy the roads were in patches here, whilst I might be ok on that not sure about boys

Cold -4 though to be honest in the sunshine it felt quite nice whilst I was watching the football

DS2 new wii game arrived so he's stuck on that and DS1 at friends

Finally I had a call to say someone wants to view the house so have whizzed round making sure everything tidily away, looks like a dream home and garden looks beautiful covered in frost with willow bathed in sunshine.

oh not finally I'm about to do my on line shop.

I actually am hoping that the roads won't be icy and DS2 can cycle to school this week which will mean I can bike it to work. Lots of people on their bikes in this part of the world though. Can someone tell me why road bikes look prettier than hybrids. The hybrids seem to be such boring colours I fall in love with a different road bike every day as the zoom past the house todays was a nice blue and white number. Can tell I'm a girl just interest in the colours not the technical stuff.

Top Bottom