Social Distancing in the Richmond video - a poll

What do you think about the majority of people in this video?

• They're all idiots, too close to others, ignoring the guidance, fines for the lot of them please!

Votes: 9 26.5%
  • They're all staying well apart, causing no harm to others, and not helping the virus spread.

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • They are *mostly* staying well apart. Many are taking the piss by sunbathing. Could do better :(

Votes: 23 67.6%

• Total voters
OP
M

matticus

Über Member
In terms of what the POLICE think, follow-up from today (Sunday) here (which makes me optimistic about likely Gov response):

View: https://twitter.com/MPSRichmond/status/1246838651503497216

I really do not understand why the clip zoomed in on people touching one another, eating and chatting. They looked like couples. If they were not there then they would just be doing at home perfectly legally and morally

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
I really do not understand why the clip zoomed in on people touching one another, eating and chatting. They looked like couples. If they were not there then they would just be doing at home perfectly legally and morally
Same with sunbathing, I’ve been in my garden all day. There’s no rule against it at home.
The point is we’ve been asked not to go out unless for 4 specific reasons.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Camera angles are deceiving. There are a lot of couples and families in the clip. Apart from that they all appear to be 2m apart. Having said that. You wouldnt catch me around that many people at the moment. I am out a lot of the time. But its not a holiday and I am avoiding people. There is no need to go flocking to tourist hot spots.

Last edited:

Milkfloat

An Peanut
The camera angles show them much closer together than they really are. However, you would not find me touching a public bench at all.

screenman

Legendary Member
The video was I think filmed down by the Castle in Richmond, it certainly is a pinch point but also busy at quite times.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
OP
M

matticus

Über Member
Thankyou, my 24 (so far) voters! I am genuinely interested in the Cyclechat view; it's clear that many people (in the "real world") have seen this, and almost all had very strong opinions about it.

Levo-Lon

Guru
This is the problem.
8 million in london so just grabbing an hrs exercise is always going to be difficult when it comes to distancing.

Most of us in smaller cities and towns it's very easy.

Top Bottom